Introduction to Digital Storytelling (Resources)
Dr. Alec Couros
- Digital storytelling is "using the tools of digital media to craft, record, share and value the stories of individuals and communities, in ways that improve our lives" (Center for Digital Storytelling).
- "... refers to using new digital tools to help ordinary people to tell their own real-life stories." (Wikipedia)
- “Digital Storytelling is the modern expression of the ancient art of storytelling. Throughout history, storytelling has been used to share knowledge, wisdom, and values. Stories have taken many different forms. Stories have been adapted to each successive medium that has emerged, from the circle of the campfire to the silver screen, and now the computer screen.” (Leslie Rule, Digital Storytelling Association)
A Few (Possible) Storytelling Tools:
- Go through @cogdog’s process
- Go through the 5 Card Flickr process and post a story to your webspace or blog.
- Create a 6 Word Story
- Have fun with pechaflickr and create an on-the-fly, digital presentation.
- Use an iOS or Android app of your choice to develop a short story.