Lamb and Peppers in Sauce
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
- 3 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-6 cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 8 Shoulder Lamb Chops
- 1 12oz Can of Red Pack Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 4 Green Bell Peppers
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Trim some of the fat off of the Lamb Chops and cut each one in half, lengthwise.
- Cut Garlic cloves in 4's
- Place a large Sauce Pot on High Heat, add the Olive Oil and the Garlic.
- Once the Oil is hot, add the Lamb Chops and brown on both sides. As you brown them, season with Salt and Pepper.
- Meanwhile, put the Whole Peeled Tomatoes and Tomato Paste in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Once the Lamb is lightly browned on both sides, add Tomato Puree and stir.
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, lower the heat to LOW, cover, and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- While that is cooking, clean out your Bell Peppers and cut into slices. Set aside.
- After the Lamb has been cooking for 45 minutes, add the peppers, lightly toss, cover and let cook another 45 minutes.
- Serve with Warm Crusty Bread.
Tip: The next day, take the leftover Sauce and Peppers, add Dry Red Wine and simmer an extra 45 minutes. Boil about ½ lb of Linguine and toss in the sauce and peppers. You will have an amazing other meal!