Community Behavior Policy FINAL 2016
The Portneuf Library strives to provide a family friendly and safe environment for all ages. Library users are expected to behave in an appropriate manner for a public place. The following behaviors are not allowed.
Violation of the Behavior Policy may result in loss of library privileges.
- Threatening behaviors towards library users, community members, and/or library staff.
- Endangering the safety of children, library users, and/or staff.
- Unacceptable distractions.
- Foul and/or degrading language.
- Damage or theft of any property on the library’s grounds.
- Clothing inappropriate for a family friendly environment. Shoes are required.
- Animals are not allowed in the library. Service animals must be leashed at all times.
- Large bags must be checked in at the service desk.
- Solicitation on library grounds.
- Petitioners on library grounds without board approval are prohibited
- Smoking behaviors within 25 feet of the building.
- Any activity contrary to the Idaho code. All incidences will be reported to the authorities.
Approved by the Board of Trustees December 9th, 2014 Reapproved May 24th, 2016