Oven Roasted Cannellini Beans with White Wine
1 can cannellini beans or 400 g (dried, soaked, and drained overnight)
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and a bit more for finishing
3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped fine)
1 tsp crush red pepper flakes
1 medium onion (peeled and sliced)
100 g sliced mushrooms (crimini/baby bella)
10-15 pcs. cherry tomatoes
118 ml dry white wine
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 sprig of fresh basil for garnishing
25 g goat cheese or feta (Greek)
Time: 30-45 min.
Prep: 5 min. Preheat oven at 180C/Gas 4
1. Pour drained cannellini beans in a bowl.
2. Add garlic, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, cilantro, and red pepper flakes.
3. Blend in olive oil into bowl, stirring gently with a spoon to evenly cover bean mixture.
4. In a foiled pan, spread bean mixture on pan, and place in oven. Let bake uncovered for 20 min.
5. Lightly stir beans. Then, pour dry white wine over beans in the pan. Bake for 20-25 min. until tomatoes and onions are soft, and a few min. more when tomatoes are slightly roasted.
6. Let stand for 2 min.
7. Drizzle olive oil on top. Garnish with fresh basil, and add feta cheese crumbles.
8. Serve, and season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Original recipe by: FASHION TALES