Hudson City School District Chromebook Guide
Chromebook Basic Care and Instructions Tips
- Bring it to school every day.
- Charge your Chromebook every night.
- Purchase a protective case or sleeve for your Chromebook.
- Keep only school-appropriate media on your computer.
- Leave the District-loaded apps on your Chromebook.
- Avoid eating and drinking while using your Chromebook.
- Carry your Chromebook closed with two hands, and never leave it on the ground.
- Keep your Chromebook secure. Your Chromebook should never be in an unlocked locker, car, or any unsupervised area.
- Avoid exposing your Chromebook to extreme elements. Chromebooks are sensitive to heat and liquids; therefore, leaving them in cars, direct sunlight, outdoors, or anywhere they could get hot, cold, damp, or wet should be avoided.
- Notify a teacher or media specialist if your Chromebook has a problem.
- Never try to repair your Chromebook yourself.
- Clean only with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Microfibers with Windex Antibacterial or Pledge Multi-Surface work great! Spray the cloth - not the Chromebook!
- There is no guarantee that stickers you put on your Chromebook will be returned to you if your Chromebook breaks and needs repair. It is recommended you put stickers on cases rather than the device itself. These will need to be removed before turning in your Chromebook.
Additional information can be find at our 1:1 technology website:
Chromebook Repair Prices (Grades 6-12)
LCD Screen: $35
Complete Replacement: $175
Charger: Student/Parent Responsibility
*Chromebook repair fees are assessed in MyPaymentsPlus.