Present: Steve Wright, Dave Green, Pattric Langley, Margo Glass, Alan Smith
Absent: Karen Peterson, Emmie Hiersche
- Good status overall. Spending has been reduced and that’s been helpful to the bottom line. Events doing well also. Big positive change in Hagg Lake event comparing 2015 vs. 2016.
- 999 total members, down from 1060 last month. Continued work needed on documenting and promoting ORRC membership benefits. Having Margo Glass on board to help with marketing is great.
- Race Operations - Pattric
- Overall, things seem to be going well. Continued need for additional race directors to cover some current vacancies.
- Marketing/IT - Committee. Work needed on membership marketing materials and continued presence at running store events.
- Increase $5 discount for member races
- Perhaps increase the event discount starting with our events in 2017. $5/event discount has been in place for many years at this point and was established when our events were priced much less.
- Motion to increase event discount to $10 for ORRC members beginning with our Y2K event in 2017. PLUS at the same time suggest to race directors to increase fees by $2 for 2017 as well. MOtion tabled until further discussion next meeting. Discussion to be continued at the next Board meeting and voted upon.
- Community Outreach - Steve
- Atkinson Elementary School proposal
- Oregon Sports Authority proposal
- Proposals should be in by the end of June, board votes at the July meeting.
- Still some hours available on her contract.
- ORRC Bucks alternative - Pattric and Alan
- Perhaps move away from those ORRC bucks to giving volunteers free event codes with our ORRC events within RunSignUp. More discussion needed.
- TT registration - All TT staff
- VP Marketing position - Steve
- Motion to appoint Margo Glass to VP of Marketing position approved.
- Suggestions for additional board and committee members - Board
- How do we encourage members to contribute to the club by filling board and race director positions? Incentive had been discussed for board members of running any ORRC event free during their Board term. Other possible incentives for committee participation?
Stephen - Will Cortez leaving ORRC Equipment Manager position as of 12/31/16. RD workshop this fall - October 1 at ORRC office. Monthly newsletter now goes to all club contacts, not just members. Nike survey participation rate was very good.
Margo - start working on marketing materials, getting our branding more prominent.