Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
December 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM – 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – JenniLynn
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Consent Agenda
- Adoption of revised Budget reflecting changes from last Board meeting
- Adoption of opt-out policy for standardized testing
- Adoption of changes to Student / Parent handbook on discipline policy
- Added prohibited behavior #11
- Added red card / green card for implementation
- Added Refocus room
- Farm Lunch (6:45 - 7:00)
- Presentation by Shamai and Mary Jo
- Presentation by Susan Likes
- Discussion and Decision: What will we do for a lunch program starting in January?
- ED / HOS Transition (7:00 - 7:15)
- Review of job description
- Review of Rob Lee’s criteria
- Discussion and Decision: At what point will the Hiring Committee be formed?
What will the scope of their responsibilities be? How will we select members?
- Discussion and Decision: When will we start recruiting for the HOS position?
- Enrollment / Growth / Location (7:15 - 7:25)
- Discussion and Decision: Adopt guidance for the lottery process for this year.
- Discussion and Decision: How will we continue this discussion going forward?
- Committees (7:25 - 7:40)
- Review committee assignments and make any needed changes
- Do we want to form a joint strategic planning committee to look at merging our schools?
- Communications from school to families (7:40 - 7:45)
- Board support for recent communications from staff to families
- Board updates for newsletter following Board meetings
- BOD President (7:45 - 7:50)
- Executive Committee Report
- Finance Director (7:50 - 8:10)
- Report on current financial position
- Report on status of transition implementation
- Discussion and Decision: procedure for notifying families about opt-out policy
- Other business
- Additional Committee Reports (uploaded to Google)
- Committee Name
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Google for Education
- Upcoming events
- Event, Date
- Next BOD meeting
- Review all Action Items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President