Middletown Springs Building Committee
Middletown Springs Public Library
Wednesday September 6th, 2017
Committee Present: Kristal Hier – Vice Chair/Temp Clerk, Patty Kenyon - Chair, David Munyak, Fred Bradley, Maureen McCormack, Tom Hurcomb
Absent: Kimberly Mathewson, David Wright, Robin Chesnut-Tangerman, Patty McWilliams,
Public Present: None
1. Call to Order: the meeting was called to order by P Kenyon at 7:06pm.
2. Approval of Minutes: T. Hurcomb moved, F. Bradley seconded the approval of the minutes of August 17, 2017. Motion carried.
3. Public Comments: none
4. Building & Site Design
a. Energy Charette Updates
· P. Kenyon recapped emails that she has received that the engineers are continuing their work and have a deadline of September 15th. Patty has a few invoices for some of their ongoing work, which will be passed on to the SB.
b. Castleton Town Office Visit
· Members went to tour the new Castleton Town Office recently. Members spoke about their impressions of access, design, layout, security and building materials. It was suggested that the Committee might be interested in visiting Lincoln Town office.
a. Funding subcommittee-
b. Public Relations:
· FPF Post is due, updates on Town Office visits seems like a good topic. Library will work on a post as well.
6. Project Scheduling
a. Well Update: D. Munyak has been working with F. Parent and assumes the further testing that was needed, was done. D. Munyak is waiting to hear back.
T. Hurcomb asked for update on information in previous minutes about the SB potentially setting up a temporary structure on the building site. The SB is continuing that discussion.