Electronic Journal Alternative Directions
Perhaps you are just not “feeling” the journal thing. Assuming that’s the case, and you lack the desire/drive/wherewithal to come up with something meaningful on your own, feel free to use the following alternative assignment instead.
- Go to this template document, and copy it into your journal folder/file (remember to post in Reverse Chronological Order with each new week going above the last one). I’ve put a copy of the template in your class view folder, as well.
- Complete each section as per the guidelines below.
Section 1- Work sample
- Paste the work you are writing about in this section.
- The work must be from the week and can not be notes, a quiz, an exam, or a non-standards-based lab.
- The work can be any standards-based assignment (activity, argumentation lab, POGIL, Click and learn work product, etc.).
- If you have a question about whether or not a particular work sample is applicable, please ask before you post.
- If the work sample is a physical, non-electronic document, you will need to scan/photograph the item in question and paste the image here. If it’s made of many pages, you only need to paste the parts you are going to discuss in the following sections.
Section 2- Standard
- Determine the standard from the course that this work addresses. Write it here.
Section 3- Grade
- Give yourself a grade on the assignment on a scale of 1-10.
Section 4- Explanation
- Explain why you gave yourself the grade that you did. Cite specific performance indicators from the standard that you chose in Section 2 in your explanation.
Section 5- Ways to improve
- No matter what grade you gave yourself in Section 3, describe a few things you could do on similar assignments in the future to demonstrate even better effort than what you have demonstrated here.