Dover Bass Club Format & ByLaws
- Membership is obtained by paying club dues and fishing a 3 tournament probation period. After the 3 tournament probation period, a club vote will be held to determine if membership will be granted. If membership is denied, then all club dues will be refunded.
- To contact us about membership, please visit www.doverbassclub.webs.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members should attend scheduled tournaments as your schedule permits.
- Members are required to attend a minimum of 7 tournaments during the
Scheduled tournament year or risk forfeiting their membership for the year.
- Obey the code of conduct.
- Non Active membership may be offered to Dover Bass Club members who cannot compete in 8 tournaments due to an unavoidable situation that prevents them from fishing (such as a health issue or military). The non-active member must still pay member dues.
- Dover Bass Club reserves the right to suspend or revoke your membership without refund at any time if it feels your actions are detrimental to the club or the sport of bass fishing.
Code of Conduct:
- Positive attitude during tournaments.
- Obey all rules to Dover Bass Club, along with all local and lake laws during tournaments
- Boaters must allow 100 ft in between boats when fishing. If you see someone heading up the bank fishing at a steady pace, it is not in good form to cut a 100 ft in front of them, at least be courteous on the water and either gives them some room or fish behind them. If someone is fishing up the bank very slowly, then 100 ft in front would not be in bad taste. Just use your best judgement.
- Boaters must allow non boaters an opportunity to fish in their boat and should reasonably consider the non-boaters suggestions for places to fish on the lake (if the non-boater knows a good spot on the lake it helps both the boater and the non-boater!
- Pre Fishing is not allowed from midnight Wednesday before a tournament to tournament start.
- There shall be no actions detrimental to the sport of bass fishing.
- Club members vote whether to remove a member from the club for the following reasons:
- Violation of any club rule.
- Representing the club in a negative way.
- Club dues will not be refunded to an angler who has had their membership revoked.
- Any violations must be reported as soon as possible to the President. The President will then discuss the infraction with the Vice President to determine a ruling on said violation.
- We hold a minimum of 1 club meeting before the season to meet everyone and get a schedule in place and vote on any issues that need to be handled. All other club business will take place on the website, facebook or after tournaments
Club Dues & Tournament Fees:
- Club dues are $100.00 per boat, per year (this covers Spring & Fall Series)
- Spring & Fall Series Tournament entry fee will be $20.00 per boat, per tournament. A minimum of $10.00 from every Spring & Fall Series Tournament will go into a pot to be split between overall Big Bag of the Year & Big Fish of the Year.
- An optional $5.00 per boat, per tournament lunker competition will be offered
- Lunker pot is paid 100% and goes back out to the participant who catches the largest bass.
- A team style format will be used, so you and your partner count as one or you may fish alone if you so choose to.
- If you choose to fish alone, you still have to pay the Team fee of 20.00 per tournament and follow all of the same rules and fish limits as a team would follow.
- Payouts will go to the team and the team is responsible for how they split up the money.
Spring & Fall Series Tournament Points:
- 20 point system
- Example: 1st place is awarded 20 points, 2nd place 19 points, 3rd place 18 points and so on to last person.
- Anglers weighing in no fish/or leaving tournament early will receive the minimum points for show up (8 Points).
- Anglers not showing at all for a tournament will receive 13 points for the 1st Tournament in a Series missed, this 13 points MUST BE used as your low tournament deduct. After the 1st tournament missed anglers not showing will receive 0 points.
Spring & Fall Series Bonus Fish Points:
- 5 fish limit for the boat
- Any boat weighing in fish will receive 1 additional bonus fish point per fish weighed for the tournament (5 points max.).
Spring & Fall Series 5 Fish Limit Bonus Points:
- Any boat weighing in a 5 fish limit will receive 1 additional tournament points.
Spring & Fall Series Lunker Points:
- Boat weighing in the tournament Lunker (largest single fish weight) will receive 2 additional tournament points.
Spring & Fall Series Payout:
- 0-5 boats-1st place will be paid
- 6-9 boats-1st (60%) & 2nd (40%) place will be paid
- 10 or more boats-1st (50%), 2nd (30%) and 3rd (20%) will be paid
- In result of a tie, largest fish weight will be used to determine the winner
Spring & Fall Series Eligible Tournaments:
- The (1) lowest tournament point total will be deducted to determine the Spring & Fall Series winners.
- Lowest tournament deductions do not include bonus fish points or lunker points.
Spring & Fall Series Winner:
- Spring & Fall Series Winner will be determining by the total sum of eligible tournament points.
- In the result of a tie, the following will be used, in order, as a tiebreaker
- Total 1st place tournaments win
- Total fish weight
- To be eligible for the tournament series a boat must fish a minimum of 50% of the the Spring AND Fall series tournaments.
- The tournament series will consist of 5-6 Boats:
- Spring Series 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Points Leader
- Fall Series 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Points Leader
- If Fall Series 1st, 2nd or 3rd place points leader are determined to be already eligible for the Tournament Series, we will round out the additional angler spots following the below scenarios:
- (1) boat already eligible: We would take the (1st) highest combined angler point total from the Spring & Fall Series that is not currently eligible for the Tournament Series.
- (2) boats already eligible: We would take the (2nd) highest combined angler point total from the Spring & Fall Series that is not currently eligible for the Tournament Series.
- The Tournament Series winner will consist of the total fish weight from Classic Day 1 & Classic Day 2 combined.
- In result of a tie, the tying places prize money will be combined and split 50/50
Angler of the Year (AOY)
- AOY will be determined by total combined eligible points from the Fall + Spring Series.
- Lakes must be within a 60 min drive from Dover, DE.
- In the event that something prevents the club from fishing a tournament, then another lake/date will be chosen that is agreed upon.
- The club may hold exhibition tournaments that reward no points and do not include the same rules for point’s events with the exception of the code of conduct.
- Show time for tournaments is 30 minutes prior to start time. If member shows up late they must notify the President or Vice President.
- Minimum of 3 boats will qualify as an event; max 15 boats.
- Tournament length will vary but usually 7 hrs
- If the tournament should be started late for any reason, it is up to a club vote whether to extend the tournament for the amount of time that was missed or to end at regularly scheduled time.
- All anglers must be at boat ramp at completion time. Five minute leeway is given but only if angler is visible from the ramp and not fishing. Violation of this rule will result in a 1 pound penalty per minute until the boater is visible from the ramp and not fishing. This penalty applies to all anglers on board the boat. (Exceptions are made for people with motor troubles but only if they have informed the president or vice president of such troubles as soon as they are aware of them)
Child Angler & Angler Substitution:
- If your partner should not be able to make a tournament, you are allowed to declare a substitution angler.
- There will be a maximum of (2) substitution anglers per boat
- Once a boat declares a substitution angler, the substitution is not limited to the amount of tournaments they are eligible to fish.
- There must be one original team member in the boat, two substitutes at one time will not be able to participate for a team.
- After your (2) substitution anglers have been declared, if your partner & (2) substitutions are unable to attend a tournament, you must fish as a solo boater.
- A child (12 & under) is welcome to join your fishing boat for the day. The child must release all fish caught immediately. Failure to release fish immediately may result in disqualification for the tournament with no reimbursement. The Child (12 & under) will not be counted towards your (2) substitutions.
- Only the fish family of Largemouth Bass will be counted
- Live Fish (We have adopted the FLW Tour rule on Live Fish)
- Every effort must be made to keep bass alive through the use of a properly aerated livewell. 8 ounces (½ lb) will be deducted from the total weight for each dead bass presented for weigh-in.
- Per FLW rules there is no penalty for culling a dead Bass, only a penalty for weighing a dead Bass.
- Only 5 fish will be allowed in your livewell at any time during the tournament. If you are caught with more than 5 fish in the livewell during any point of the tournament, you are disqualified with no refund for the day.
- In the event that no one catches a fish then the awards pot will be added to the next event.
- Awards will not be given to those who do not catch a fish, if 1st place is the only position that has a fish for weigh-in then the full tournament awards will be presented to that angler.
- Only one line in water per angler, this does not include line/lures from hanging rods off the side of boat for storage purposes.
- No trolling for fish: defined as the intent of catching a fish by using the motion of the boat.
- No live bait: Berkley Gulp and other similar type worms, pork trailers, and natural scent allowed.
- Penalty for any infraction above result in disqualification.
- Any other violation without a clear penalty in the rule book will be decided by the tournament the club President & Vice President. Basic penalty is 8 ounce subtraction from total weight; a major penalty could lead to tournament disqualification without refund.
- No umbrella rigs or any variation of this bait. If you have a bait that is in question please bring it to the Club President attention BEFORE the tournament.
- All boats must have some form of livewell to keep their catch safe, as a catch and release club, we strive to put all fish safely back into the water to catch another day. If someone continues to have problems keeping fish alive, we may require you to upgrade your livewell system or possibly revoke your membership with no refund.
- Gas powered motors allowed at all times as long as fishery allows
- When passing fellow anglers, idle speed is a must!
- At President's discretion, due to size of pond/lake, gas motor restrictions may be enforced. Any motor restrictions will be noted on the schedule/website prior to tournament, there will be no changes the morning of the tournament.
- Member dues will be added to the club treasury
- May pay for website, scale, and/or any item needed by the club to function. Remaining funds will be used to buy awards & pay out yearly winners.
Rule Changes and Club Business:
- Rules can be changed or amended by club officers with support of club members. Please contact the President, Vice President or Dover Bass Club email (email@example.com) recommend rule changes or amendments. Try to keep our business, OUR business. If you have a problem or concern, please go down the chain of command (President & Vice President) before airing anything out publicly, it makes everyone involved look bad.
- Payout will be determined by total money in the pot
- Total money in the pot will be determined after all trophies, awards, club expenses, etc are subtracted.
- Total money in the pot will be capped at $3000 per season. Any additional money may be used for additional tournament expenses, meeting expenses or carried over to the next season.
- Payout will be distributed as follows: (All dollar amounts shown below are examples of potential payouts)
- Money in the Pot less than or equal to $1000
- Angler of the Year (AOY) 20%.....($200)
- Classic 1st Place 40%.....($400)
- Classic 2nd Place 25%.....($250)
- Classic 3rd Place 15%.....($150)
- Money in the Pot less than or equal to $1200
- Angler of the Year (AOY) 20%.....($240)
- Angler of the Year Runner-Up 10%.....($120)
- Classic 1st Place 35%.....($420)
- Classic 2nd Place 25%.....($300)
- Classic 3rd Place 10%.....($120)
- Money in the Pot less than or equal to $1500
- Angler of the Year (AOY) 20%.....($300)
- Angler of the Year Runner-Up 10%.....($150)
- Classic 1st Place 35%.....($525)
- Classic 2nd Place 25%.....($375)
- Classic 3rd Place 10%.....($150)
- Money in the Pot less than or equal to $1800
- Angler of the Year (AOY) 18%.....($324)
- Angler of the Year Runner-Up 9%.....($162)
- Angler of the Year 2nd Runner-Up 3%.....($54)
- Classic 1st Place 35%.....($630)
- Classic 2nd Place 25%.....($450)
- Classic 3rd Place 10%.....($180)
- Money in the Pot greater than $1800
- Angler of the Year (AOY) 15%.....($270)
- Angler of the Year Runner-Up 8%.....($145)
- Angler of the Year 2nd Runner-Up 3%.....($54)
- Classic 1st Place 30%.....($540)
- Classic 2nd Place 20%.....($360)
- Classic 3rd Place 8%.....($144)
- Trophy Tournament 1st Place 8%.....($144)
- Trophy Tournament 2nd Place 5%.....($90)
- Trophy Tournament 3rd Place 3%.....($54)