Python, Sklearn, AWS (Lambda, Redshift, ECS, Autoscaling, ELB, EMR, S3, SNS, SQS), Spark,
Node.js, React, Docker, BigQuery, Data Engineering, MySQL, Postgres, Cluster Analysis,
Hadoop/MrJob, Redis, Route53, Item Recommendation Systems, Flask, Cassandra, Kubernetes
Ruby, Rails, Golang, Java, Android, Ionic framework, jQuery Mobile, OpenCL, OpenMP, Rackspace, socket.io, Python NLTK, Mustache Templates, Mrjob, Elasticsearch, Algolia Search,
Aclima / Senior Software Engineer (May 2016 - Current, San Francisco, CA)
- Designed and built scalable systems to support the ingestion, storage, and analysis of time series data (Python, BigQuery, Cassandra).
- Built and maintained APIs to support frontend team using Python/Flask.
- Worked to identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks (strace, cProfile, MySQL logging)
- Transitioned the company's build environment to CircleCI.
- Setup logging systems with loggly.
Nuts.com, Inc. / Software Engineer (May 2015 - Feb 2016, Oakland, CA)
- Migrated the company’s existing LAMP stack into docker containers, running on ECS, included building a continuous integration and testing pipeline.
- Transitioned the frontend template rendering system from handlebars.js to a native php version (included substantial regression testing).
- Created several ETL and log processing pipelines using AWS Redshift as a reporting database.
- Built reports and performed analysis, primarily focused on item recommendations, and order attribution tracking.
Recon Advisor / Lead Developer (January 2014 - July 2015, Lakewood, CO)
- Developed a successful automated workflow management application for auto dealerships.
- Worked with the product team to integrate client feedback and improve the application.
- Created a data feed import/ingestion pipeline for auto dealership inventory feeds.
- Implemented a chat service in Node.js and integrated it with the main application.
- Hired and trained a junior developer.
UC Botanical Garden/ Student Web Developer (September 2010 - August 2012, Berkeley, CA)
- Maintained and updated the garden’s website (HTML, PHP, jQuery).