Upcoming JHPDA Meetings
(Campus map for meeting & event locations)
JHPDA Monthly Meeting
All postdocs are welcome to attend our monthly meetings. Come learn and talk about ongoing JHPDA programming, events and committees!
When: Wednesday, Feb 3, 5:30 pm
Where: Miller Research Building, room 181
Contact: Chelsea Qinjie Zhou
All are welcome to join us with ideas for Communications Committee Meeting.
When: Wednesday, Feb 10, 8:30am
Where: MRB Daily Grind
Contact: Premraj Rajkumar and Pankhuri Vyas
JHPDA Executive Council
Co-president: Stanley Andrisse
Co-president: Rohan Gupta
Treasurer: Nick Wyhs
Secretary: Chelsea Qinjie Zhou
Communications: Pankhuri Vyas and Premraj Rajkumar
International: Beth Zucconi and Anders Josefsson
Policy and Advocacy: Rachel Mulheren
Professional Development: Jineta Banerjee and Xiang Xu
Socials: Justin La Favor
Diversity Postdoc Alliance: Dionna Williams and Marc Edwards
Joining the JHPDA
Interested in one of our committees? Want to contribute to postdoc events, policy and training? Good ideas for future events?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulletin provided by the JHPDA Media and Communications Committee
Want to contribute to our bulletin? Know of an upcoming event, or want to write an article for our “In Brief” section?
Email us: email@example.com
IN BRIEF: Partnering Toward Discovery Event -
Fixing Misfolded Protein Disease
JHPDA invites you to Join us at the Partnering Toward Discovery Postdoctoral Fellow Event as cardiologist David Kass and postdoctoral fellow Mark Ranek present “Fixing Misfolded Protein Disease.”
When: Thursday, Jan 28, 4:00 pm
Where: Turner Concourse Miller Research Building
ground floor area outside of Tilghman Auditorium
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing Committee: Dr. Martha Zeiger (Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs), Drs. Yuejin Li and Jineta Banerjee (Postdoctoral fellows)
Upcoming JHPDA Events
Professional Development Committee Monthly Meeting Thursday, Jan 28, 1:00 PM
Learn about professional development events planned for the upcoming year at this monthly meeting Open to all!
When: Thus., Jan. 28th, 1:00 pm
Where: Miller Research Building, Daily Grind.
Questions? Contact Jineta Banerjee and Xiang Xu
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development and Careers Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
- Baltimore Under Ground Science Space (BUGSS) is a local non-profit public lab space that offers a safe space for anyone to learn, discuss, and do science. We are seeking help from local scientists, please consider these unique opportunities to interact with the public! For more info click here.
- Johns Hopkins Equity Research Externship Program collaborating with T. Rowe Price to develop basic skills in equity research and learn about careers in finance and equity research; register here.
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures - Commercialization Academy (details here)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Offers graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- Advancing Postdoc Women Guide Book: essential information for postdoc women in their careers; provided by National Postdoctoral Association (download) (posted 1/18)
- Funding opportunity, Career Guidance for Trainees awards from Burroughs Wellcome Fund ($30,000-$50,000); 3/16 deadline, details here (posted 12/21)
- Only 1 week left for early bird registration!! 2016 Annual National Postdoc Association meeting - registration now open; hosted at Van Andel Research Institute in Michigan; early bird registration until Feb 5, details here
- Download free booklet on marketable skills and transition to the next phase of your career (from Science Magazine; here) (posted 11/02)
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- Postdoctoral position in mechanisms and susceptibilities of cancer driver genes at the lab of Dr. David VanderWeele, MD PhD, at National Cancer Institute (details) (posted 1/18)
- 2016 L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program - applications now open (due 2/05, details) (posted 1/10)
- T Rowe Price internship for next spring/summer is open to postdoctoral fellows; preliminary letters of interest invited (details)
- Apply to be a Global Health Corps Fellow (due 2/2, details)
- Postdoc in genomics and bioinformatics at the University of Lorraine in Nancy, France (details & contact) (posted 1/10)
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
- Free yoga taught by M Power Yoga instructors! Saturdays, 1/09 - 3/05, 10:00 - 11:00 am, Living Classrooms building inside Patterson Park; mats available and kids welcome.
- ...and many more listed here!
For other local events, visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.