*Updated as of 11/21/17 3:48pm


Most needs/resources can be posted and found at: www.sonomacounty.recovers.org 



Volunteer Info

Volunteer Information - Active Needs

Interested in volunteering please click the link below to sign up. We will email you when there is a need. Thank you for all the continued love and support!


Sonoma County:

Medical Professionals: 

  • Call (707) 778-2652 Petaluma Valley Hospital- to sign up for the labor pool
  • Please contact the Red Cross at 707-577-7600 for volunteer placement and assessment. This number is used for all of Sonoma County.  


  • Petaluma Bounty: Check here for volunteer times – the fires are impacting food distribution so many people are not getting daily food supplies.
  • Petaluma People Services Center http://petalumapeople.org/volunteer/ 

Santa Rosa/Rohnert Park/Sebastopol 

  • Schoolhouse Distribution Center: If you’re interested in volunteering at School House Distribution Center in South Sebastopol, please email Cody Farrell at shrecovers@gmail.com with your availability Monday-Saturday 11:00 AM - ~3:00 or 4:00 PM. We can get you set up sorting donations onsite and/or matching needs with donations on “the back end” of Sonoma County Recovers onsite (and offsite).
  • Sonoma County Red Cross Anyone interested can call 707-573-3399 to volunteer or signup via their website at http://tinyurl.com/RedCrossVolOctober2017
  • Redwood Empire Food Bank Still accepting non-perishable and ready-to-eat food for distribution. . To volunteer click here
  • Schoolbox Project - Skylane: We are looking for qualified personnel who have experience working with individuals with exceptionalities; however, we have some opportunities for those who don’t (massage therapists, marriage family therapists, etc). If you would like to volunteer please fill out our form: http://ow.ly/dRdK30fSzyC.

Marin County

Donation Updates - PETALUMA

Refer to www.sonomacounty.recovers.org if you need donations, or if you have items to donate.

  • WANT TO DONATE? Donate money! It’s always needed (seriously). See “monetary donations.”
  • Gift cards, gift cards, gift cards! Families who are in the position to build their lives due to loss in the fire want to make decisions on the items they bring into their new (or temporary) homes. Giving gift cards is a kind way to help them “rebuild” while also giving them the freedom of choice. VISA/MC, gas and grocery are most needed.
  • Schoolhouse Distribution Center wish list: http://a.co/12wdP3i 


Redwood Empire Food Bank REFB at 3990 Brickway Blvd., Santa Rosa

  • Non-perishable foods (no glass, please!)

SLYC Kidz 4th Annual Giving Event - For Tubbs Fire Survivors: Currently, we are collecting donations (love gift cards) & matching families with a special Secret Santa #SonomaCountyStrong



There are so many ways to give!

  • North Bay Fire Relief (RCU account)


  • Fire Relief Fund via Race For Kids Gran Fondo: https://tinyurl.com/RFK-Fire-Evacuees-Supply-Fund Local grassroots fundraiser with a team of volunteers who are buying supplies for shelters as new needs arise. Text Steve Cozza for air mattress and cot pick-up at (707) 328-9766. Tax-deductible charity.
  • UndocuFund for Fire Relief in Sonoma County: Launched by a coalition of local immigration nonprofits, The UndocuFund for Fire Relief in Sonoma County is providing direct assistance to undocumented victims of the Northern California fires. One hundred percent of funds will go to victim support. The first $50,000 will be matched 1:1 by The California Wellness Foundation. www.undocufund.org
  • Heart of the Vine Relief Fund:

BR Cohn winery has established a go fund me account that will be used to purchase gift cards for families affected by the fires. They will match the donations up to $25,000. https://www.gofundme.com/vweheartofthevine 


  • Housing Info & Available Places to Stay

Places to STAY - Including RV camping


Resources Available




Resources for Assistance:

The following are new hours at the main centers offering financial assistance and casework support to fire affected individuals and businesses:

Red Cross

Red Cross caseworkers help people create recovery plans, complete paperwork, find help from other agencies and provide limited financial assistance for those who qualify (whose homes were destroyed or suffered major damage).

Even if you checked in with Red Cross at a shelter, you need to stop by our service centers or call our Assistance Hotline at (866) 272-2237 to connect with a Red Cross caseworker to discuss the available resources and tools to support your individual recovery. You do not need to be an American citizen to receive Red Cross Assistance. Please bring some proof of pre-disaster address such as a utility bill.

Location: 5297 Aero Drive, Santa Rosa

11/21 9 am - 7 pm

11/22 9 am - 12 pm

CLOSED 11/23 - 11/26

11/27 - 12/4 9 am - 7 pm

Sonoma County Disaster Recovery Centers

Affected residents and businesses can visit the Disaster Recovery Centers for in-person support when seeking state and federal aid. Representatives from FEMA will be at these locations to provide information about disaster assistance programs and help affected residents and businesses apply for aid. If possible, please register with FEMA before visiting a Recovery Center. You will not be asked to show proof of legal citizenship to receive assistance.

Santa Rosa Disaster Recovery Center

Location Press Democrat Building 427 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa

Hours of Operation (New Hours Beginning Monday, November 20th) Monday – Friday: 9 am – 6 pm Saturday-Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm (CLOSED on Thursday, November 23rd)

Parking Parking is free off of B St. in the City lot. The Disaster Recovery Center is just three blocks from the Downtown Transit Mall.

Sonoma Valley Disaster Recovery Center

Location Hanna Boys Center 17000 Arnold Drive, Sonoma

Hours of Operation (New Hours Beginning Monday, November 20th) Monday – Friday: 9 am – 6 pm Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm Sunday: Closed (CLOSED on Thursday, November 23rd)

Parking Parking is located on site, public transportation is also available.

  • Local Assistance Center (LAC) Location: Press Democrat building in downtown Santa Rosa, 427 Mendocino Avenue between Ross and 5th Streets Hours: Opens 9:00 AM, last entry at 6:00 PM, daily for at least two weeks. About: The LAC is a one-stop shop with critical services for residents who have been impacted by the fires. Parking is free off of B St. in the city lot. The LAC is also accessible by Sonoma County Transit and City Bus via route 1.  The LAC is just three blocks from the Downtown Transit Mall. The site is wheelchair accessible. Spanish translators and a children’s play area will be available. For more information, contact the Sonoma County Community Hotline (707) 565-3856 .  Some of the services include:
  • FEMA Disaster Recovery Center
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • American Red Cross
  • Small Business Administration
  • HOPE Animal Assistance Crisis Response
  • County Assessor and Tax Collector
  • Child Support Services
  • Housing Assistance
  • Fire & Emergency Services
  • Health & Human Services
  • Building Permitting Agencies
  • Transportation & Public Works
  • Veteran’s Affairs
  • Napa County has established a Local Assistance Center (LAC) at Napa County Health and Human Services, 2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive, Building A, in Napa
  • Sonoma LAC: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/EOC-and-PIO/Fires-October-2017/Services/Local-Assistance-Center/Sonoma-Local-Assistance-Center/ 


NorCAL Rapid Response: Thank you to the National Immigration Law Center (NILC) and the Governor's Office for sharing these resources:

  • Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) gives food assistance to low-income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster and is available regardless of immigration status.

FEMA Longer Term Assistance (e.g. Individuals and Household Program) provides financial and direct services to eligible individuals and households affected by a disaster who have uninsured or underinsured necessary expenses and serious needs. It is available if at least one household member is a U.S. citizen or a "qualified" immigrant. For example, undocumented individuals can apply on behalf of a minor child who is a citizen and has a social security number. FEMA can provide information about obtaining a social security number for a minor child. The minor child must live with the parent/guardian applying on his/her behalf.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance requires that a person be work authorized (and have been work authorized or PRUCOL during the base period)

Other Major Benefits Programs Major benefit programs tend to be more flexible about requiring documentation immediately after a disaster – but may require applicants to declare that they have an eligible status – so applicants need to be careful.

For more information about current California eligibility see NILC Major Benefits Programs chart: https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic-support/programs-available-to-immigrants-in-calif/

State Emergency Services California's AB 2327 (among other things) requires that public employees provide assistance to survivors of disaster without eliciting any information or documentation not strictly necessary to determine eligibility

Funds and Services on the Ground Compiled by Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR). Links to funds available and organizations in the region to support: https://www.gcir.org/initiatives/natural-disaster-response

Replacing Vital Records and Other Disaster Assistance and Recovery Links from LawHelp: Information on how to replace identification, birth, marriage and death certificates, etc. Guide to insurance legal rights, claim guidance and more. For more information: http://www.lawhelpca.org/subtopics/disaster-assistance-and-recovery 

Evacuation Centers/Shelters Several local officials have made public statements to make clear that these shelters are open to everyone regardless of immigration status. The list includes many churches and schools that are hopefully seen as trusted spaces. For more information including a list of evacuation centers: http://www.caloes.ca.gov/ICESite/Pages/October-2017-Northern-California-Fires.aspx 

Resources re: benefits an undocumented person may be eligible for and whether applying may be risky.

  • Wells Fargo Mortgage If you have a Wells Fargo mortgage, have been affected by the fires and can't make payment this month, they are waiving late fee for 30 days, and you can call 888-818-9147 to reach dedicated help on this matter. They may be able to postpone payment for you until January 2018. And it would not affect your credit score or notices of collection. Call so they can tell you your options and mark your account with appropriate notes.

Insurance / Legal Services:

Free Goods:

  • Free Mattress Set: All Northern California fire victims from Butte, Lake, Napa, Mendocino, Sonoma and Yuba counties who have an approved FEMA determination letter or insurance award letter are eligible to receive a free mattress set. Please bring a copy of your approved FEMA letter or insurance letter to a Living Spaces retail location no later than December 31, 2017.  http://www.livingspaces.com/firerelief 
  • Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County ReStore: For the next several weeks displaced families will be able to shop at the Habitat ReStore for FREE! 1201 Piner Road #500 in Santa Rosa
  • CROSSING THE JORDAN FIRE VICTIM VOUCHERS: These vouchers are being distributed to evac ctrs. Vouchers give you access to our donated items & is our LONG TERM SOLUTION. There is no expiration date on these vouchers so they can use them after people who lost their homes get settled. Or they can use them now. ALSO, you can pick up vouchers at: 2 West 3rd St, Santa Rosa
  • FREE KID BACKPACKS: 700 total. Please pick up at The Sweet Zone in Petaluma or any of the Ooh La Loft locations (Petaluma, Santa Rosa or Healdsburg)

Free Food

Free Health / Wellness

Trauma resources


  • Redwood Empire Chapter of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists is hosting FREE Drop-in Counseling for People/Families Affected by the NorCal Fires: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 11AM to 4PM. See this link for PDF with more info: http://bit.ly/2zu2Fcm 
  • EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING / CRISIS COUNSELING. Being a victim of fire or other natural disaster comes with emotional as well as physical needs. Local professionals in our community have provided some helpful advice for individuals and basic communication tactics. See below: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzQa-nsaJE4C-axx6wqLGy8eQC5er5Y9aqYd0_hxX9A/
  • Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) - Free 6-week counseling groups starting November 13th. Mondays 4-5:30pm, ages 5-24. 2447 Summerfield Drive. (707) 544-3299 x 237


  • Petaluma Health Center: 1179 N. McDowell Blvd. (707) 559-7500 Offering free or low cost medical/mental health care for anyone in need
  • Rohnert Park Health Center: 5900 State Farm Drive, Second Floor, Rohnert Park. (707) 559-7500 Offering free or low cost medical/mental health care for anyone in need
  • VSP Vision Care members who have lost or broken their eyewear due to the wildfires can call Member Services Support Line at (800) 877-7195 to have their VSP benefits reinstated regardless of eligibility. Individuals without VSP coverage can contact their local American Red Cross, or call 800 Red-cross (800) 733-2767 and request a VSP Global Eyes of Hope gift certificate. They can use this to obtain necessary eyewear.

Free Entertainment

  • Ronnie’s Awesome List: Useful guide of places for kids to play in Marin and beyond, including current discounts for those affected. In English and Spanish. 
  • Copperfield’s Books Petaluma: Free wifi, allows dogs, water, stickers & crayons for children

Free Child Care (Licensed)

  • FREE CHILDCARE FOR CHILDREN DISPLACED BY THE CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES This is a list of licensed Daycares in Northern California that want to help. We can ease the burden for a few hours, we can get these children out of the burning air, we can provide love, comfort, and most important a sense of normalcy. 

Daycare Owl ha reunido a más de una docena de proveedores de cuidados infantiles y ofrecerá este servicio de forma gratuita a las familias desplazadas por los incendios forestales en el norte de California. Proveedores de cuidados infantiles de toda la zona del norte de Californiase están sumando al apoyo brindado a su estado en estos tiempos de necesidad. Si usted es padre o madre y los incendios forestales afectaron a su familia, comuníquese a la creciente lista de proveedores de Daycare Owl. Quienes no puedan encontrar un proveedor cerca del refugio donde se encuentran deben enviar un correo-e a info@daycareowl.com. Los proveedores de cuidados infantiles que deseen donar servicios de cuidado infantil pueden enviar un correo-e a contactus@daycareowl.com.

Pets / Animal Boarding / Animal Rescue / Fostering

Shelters taking in Small Animals:

  • Petaluma Animal Shelter -840 Hopper St. Come between 9am-6pm for food, supplies, shelter. Snuggle Shuttle @ Petaluma Community Center at Luchessi Park (707-778-7387) Offering pet food, water, boarding, and lost and found pet information.
  • Unleashed Dog Training for boarding and if you need a place to hang. Call at (707) 763-9882
  • Marin Humane Society - 171 Bel Marin Keys Boulevard, Novato. NEEDS MONETARY DONATIONS. Additional information can be found by calling 415-883-4621
  • Sonoma Humane Society - 5345 Highway 12 West, Santa Rosa. Offering no-cost veterinary treatment for burn victims. Owned or stray animals affected by the fires can come to Sonoma Humane for basic treatment. If the care required is greater than we can provide, we will recommend referral to a critical care facility. We will be available 8am – 5pm daily. 
  • Pet food, bedding, crates, leashes and collars, litter, etc. available for pets.  Please come pick up or call if supplies are needed and we’ll get them to you.
  • http://sonomahumane.org/fire/
  • Napa County Animal Shelter
  • Mendocino County Animal Shelter
  • Second Chance Rescue
  • Rabbit Rescue and other support: Sarah Kay Peregoy 408-394-4284. Sarah will coordinate any help needed, but has experience in rabbit rescue
  • House Rabbit Society: Contact them directly at (510) 970-7575 for free boarding and supplies. Located in Richmond, but they have people in the area to help transport.
  • Foster Care available for med/small farm animals, dogs/cats on 5 acres in Wilton near Elk Grove. CJ Shearer. 916-747-7916.

Places taking in Horses/Livestock:

  • Flat Broke Animal Rescue - P/O Box 751418 Petaluma, CA 94975. Flat Broke Farm, a non-profit farm in Cotati, is helping displaced farm and domestic animals due to the fires. http://www.flatbrokefarm.net/
  • Dickson Ranch in WEST MARIN - can take horses, goats, chickens, etc. Call 415.488.0454.
  • Strong’s Second Chance Ranch - message on Facebook

Large Animal Transport:



There are plenty of people willing to help out for overflow animals. Please reference their contact info here >

Advice from former fire victim:

(1) Contact your insurance companies. Most will cover hotel stays, apart from the usual coverage.

(2) Call your credit card companies and have the last 3-6 months of your purchases reimbursed back (get a police report that testifies you are a fire victim).

(3) If you are renting and are a minor, your parents' home insurance may cover your belongings.

(4) Call your chain retail stores and see what they can offer to fire victims.




All-in-one resources for Nixle Signup, access to this Google Doc, Current Evac Information, volunteer needs, EOCs, Fire Dept, and Current Fire Maps: