October 4, 2014
WSCA Board Meeting
(In attendance: Jeff Demmon, Dave Hamilton, Linda Henson, and Terry Redden and 1 shooter)
- The board approved the new date for the 2015 State Championship to be held at SST (June 11-14 2015.)
- After much discussion, the Board decided on the Goals and Metrics for the Youth Program Funding:
- The Goal of the Youth Program Funding is to increase the participation in Registered Sporting Clays by Junior and Sub-Junior competitors.
- We will measure the attainment of the Goal by reviewing statistics from NSCA. The 2 measures we will use are:
- Number of Junior and Sub-Junior NSCA Members in our state (growth year-to-year)
- Number of Registered Targets shot by Junior and Sub-Junior competitors in our state (growth year-to-year)
- This year, we will ask the 2 organizations we currently fund to propose to us what they intend to do next year, with the funding we provide, that will attain the Goals we have established. Near the end of the next year (October) we will ask for a report on what they actually did with the funding.
- Going forward we will use the report from the organization receiving funding along with their plan for the following year to determine if we should continue to fund that organization.
- Jeff Demmon will contact Tedd Snodgrass and Bill Simmons with the new goals and ask for their proposal for 2015 funding.
- WSCA is looking into recognition pins for shooters. Linda and Terry are doing the research and will come up with a plan to be voted on by the board.
- WSCA will create a tab on the WSCA web page to recognize all state shoot winners. Dave Hamilton will gather this information. Linda will work with webmaster to get it created.
- Waiting for final approval from all the clubs on the 2015 shoot schedule.
- Board agreed to take Ft Lewis off the calendar because they are not a member of WSCA or NSCA. Jeff will contact them again to see if they are interested in throwing registered shoots.
- Sunnydell Gun Club has asked to start throwing registered sporting clay targets. Their first shoot will be December 27th!