WSCA Board Meeting Minutes
January 7, 2017
Attending: Scott Muirhead, Jim Darby, Dave Hamilton, John Headley, and Linda Henson. Unable to attend: Dean Cornelison and Ted Sapoznik. Shooter attending: Steve Lang
Review and approval of 10/15/2016 minutes
- RTE in Eastern WA – This year the eastern WA RTE shoots will be held at Landt Farms (May 20) and Double Barrel (May 21). To support these clubs, the board would like to get commitments from shooters to attend these events. It is important that we, as shooters, try to support all clubs when possible. The board was asked to put these two events together by shooters so we want to have a good showing. Linda Henson will talk to Dean Cornelison about camping and hotels in the area.
- 2016 Targets – the overall targets for 2016 are down. There are several reasons, for example, US Western Open being moved, cancelled shoots, etc. The goal of the board is to get the target numbers to increase.
- Club Dues - there are several clubs who have not paid their $25 WSCA dues. Dave Hamilton will follow-up with these clubs.
- US Western Open – there was discussion whether the shoot will happen in Mount Vernon. Linda will contact Melinda Van Den Top to find out what is happening
- Youth Shooting – there was discussion around how to distribute the youth funds. We are still waiting to hear back from Dean Cornelison regarding YESS. John Headley and Dave Hamilton will work together to come up with a proposal.
- 2018 State Shoot – We will be resending the state shoot packets out to all the clubs to formalize the process. We have had interest for the 2018 state shoot. If your club is thinking about this, please fill out the form you will receive in February.
- 2019 State Shoot – The board will start to solicit clubs for the 2019 state shoot.
- Shooter Survey – there was a bit of discussion regarding putting together a survey on how to get more shooters and continue to serve those who shoot. It was determined that more time needed to be spent on this subject. The board is to come back with ideas and suggestions at the next meeting.
- Packet for clubs with suggestions on how to increase shooter participation
- A shoot like they hold in Colorado where you visit several clubs in one day
- Suggestion Box on myWsca or Facebook
- Someone to give pointers to shooters at a station during a shoot or at a fun shoot ($10 fee)
- More fun shoots
- Survey focused on increasing shooters
- State Delegate – Since Jeff Demmon has moved back to Georgia there is a delegate position available. NSCA sent out a notice. If you want to run, your delegate nomination form needs to be received by NSCA by January 24th. Linda will post this information on WSCA and Facebook.
- IM Texts – the board determined that we would not send out Instant Message alerts to shooters since we have our WSCA and Facebook pages. It was determined that those two were efficient in getting out information. There is no one on the board that has time to maintain this type of a list. Shooters will need to sign up on Facebook or watch the WSCA page.
- Ideas – Jim Darby suggested contacting clubs to provide a coupon donated from participating clubs to be able to shoot a free registered shoot at the club. These would be given out at the state shoot as a giveaway.
Next meeting will be held Saturday, February 11th at Rock Mountain in Mount Vernon.