Take a look at what's happening at HCLC, as we continue in the season of Advent. Be sure to check out our calendar on the website http://HolyCommunionFallston.org
NEW! Your monthly (December) newsletter can be found here...
SERVICE INFORMATION for this Sunday
December 17, 2017
8:30A Traditional Service
10:15A Contemporary Service
THIS WEEK AT HOLY COMMUNION
* On December 16th, from 10-12 we will be gathering for fellowship, hot cocoa, and cookie baking. The cookies will go to shut-ins this holiday season. At this time we will also be packing our 50 boxes to be delivered to Walter Reed Hospital for our heroes in need. As mentioned, you can donate something on the list, or we do take cash and will buy items for you. We have also been blessed to receive Thrivent Funding to help with some of the larger items mentioned in this project. Please contact a Think Tank member or a reaching out Ministry Team Member for more information.
* The youth will be holding a bake sale in between services on Sunday December 17th to benefit the Houston Bound group.
* This Sunday, December 17th will be the last day to order your poinsettias!
* Good Gifts Ornaments are now available! Give a goat, bee, or pig to someone in need for Christmas! That's right, an ornament to support the ministries of the ELCA at work in nearly 90 countries around the world. Buying a cow (or partnered effort to buy a portion of a cow) provides nutritious, calcium-packed milk and helps ensure children grow healthy. Extra milk can also be used to make cheese, yogurt, butter, and other dairy products to eat or sell for a steady source of income. Check out the many different ornaments on our "Good Gifts" tree! It is the perfect gift for someone who has everything because it benefits people who have so little.
* Did you know that we have a Christmas card exchange box to save on your postage? If you would like to send a Christmas card to someone in the congregation, simply file it under their last name in either of the two decorated boxes on the credenza (located under the nativities). Then, give back by donating the money that you would have spent on postage to your favorite charity or organization.
* HVAC UPDATE: So far, we have collected $45,626 of our revised goal of $63,707! Our HVAC envelopes have a cute picture, but unfortunately, no way to identify the donor. Before you put it in the offering plate, please write your name or envelope number on the HVAC envelope so your donation can be recorded on your quarterly statement. If you are one of the families who donated the first week, please contact Donna Campbell (phone 410-877-1603, cell 410-459-6321 or email email@example.com) to tell her the amount so she can add it to your giving statement. Thank you for your generosity!
* Despite the initial interest and buzz about our virtual bible study beginning, no one has signed in. Upon further discussion, it was determined that (perhaps) timing was an issue. Therefore, we will look to resume the virtual bible study after the first of the year. Please stay tuned for further updates.
* The Worship and Music committee will be un-decorating the church after 2nd service on January 7th. Any help will be very appreciated!
* The new sign up sheet for 2018 alter flowers is now available!
* Did you know that you can stream our services on Sunday if you are away for the weekend or not feeling well? Simply click on the link http://webcam.holycommunionfallston.org/ and then follow the easy instructions below the picture.
* Lovin' Life Seniors will host lunch at Basta Pasta on Route 152 Tuesday, at noon on Tuesday, January 9. Please join us. Invite your friends.
* There will be a Worship and Music Committee meeting on January 9th at 5:45. Hope to see you there!
* The annual congregational meeting will be held on Sunday, January 21, 2018, at 9:40AM (between services).
* Happy Holidays to all from the HCLC Think Tank team. As we are looking ahead to our 2018 VBS planning, we have identified a few questions that we would first like to ask you before moving forward. Please weigh in with your opinions or concerns, as they may apply to your planning, either for youth participation or as a volunteer. Please either reach out by phone, 443-845-7557, or by email Youth@HolyCommunionFallston.org. Thank you
June - Week of 24th
July - Week of 15th
August Week of 12th