Middletown Springs Auditors Meeting
October 24, 2018 – 7:30 PM
Middletown Springs Town Office
Auditors present: Juanita Burch-Clay (Nita), Sarah Grimm, Melissa Chesnut-Tangerman
Others present: None
Call to order: 7:41 PM
· Minutes from the September 12, 2018 meeting were approved.
2. Agenda adjustments: The warned topic of this meeting is a continued review of Fiscal Year 2018. Other agenda items:
- Cash handling procedures and transfer station ticket reconciliation
3. Update on Business from Previous Meetings:
- Petty cash – we still need to check with treasurer to see if the account has been closed.
- External audit – the board is preparing an RFP to review tomorrow night.
4. Review auditor activities since last meeting:
- The auditors had a work session on Oct. 11 and reviewed the accounting related to the Garron Road project.
- Melissa met regularly with the treasurer to monitor cash receipts from the transfer station. Since the change of procedure, the accounts have been accurate.
- Sarah has attended three Select Board meetings. Nita attended one.
5. Select Board Information
- Sarah reported on information from recent SB meetings. It was noted that SB member Carl Haynes has not attended any SB meetings since August 23, when the junk ordinance was rescinded. Ongoing items include Norton Road work, other road work, and the town improvement bond.
6. Transfer Station Tickets and Cash
- We reviewed the available records relating to transfer station tickets and receipts, and we worked on recommendations to make it possible to track them. We will continue work on this.
7. Review of FY2018: There was more discussion about FY2018, the treasurer’s report, and a quick look at budget reports from previous years
8. Other Business - None
9. Next tasks
- Finish review of Treasurer’s Report
- Continue work on cash procedures
- Finish review of Garron Road project
- Contact trust funds for June 2018 reports
- Edit and complete internal financial controls report for the town and SB if there is no external audit for this year. (If there is an external audit this year, the information in the current draft will be shared with the auditors.)
10. Future Meetings:
- Auditors Meetings – November meeting moved one day to November 27, 2018 at 7:30 PM. Agenda – work on auditors’ annual report. No December meeting.
- Work Sessions – October 31, 2018, November 13, 2018
Meeting adjourned: 9:34 PM
Minutes submitted by Juanita Burch-Clay