Internet Scavenger Hunt
Use your new search skills to find the answers to the questions below. Make sure to bold or highlight your answers.
1. Thomas Jefferson wrote much of which historical American document?
2. Who is referred to as the father of motion pictures? Name one other person that helped to invent motion pictures.
3. Which sea creature should a great white shark fear?
4. What is the last name of the family that originally owned the ‘deathly hallows’?
5. ‘Sting’ is a sword that appears in a series of books written by what author?
6. Who was Euclid? What is he best known for?
7. What is the wolf population in MN?
8. List three forms of nonrenewable energy. Use this link.
9. Why can no Major League Baseball player wear the number 42? Why was this player so important?
10. What is a Netizen? Should netizens act differently than citizens?
11. Describe the 4 components all computers have in common.
12. What was ENIAC?
13. What contribution did Ada Byron make to computing?
14. I think the person who coined these computer terms must have been hungry.
What is a bit?
What is a terabyte?
15. The ARPANET 's development began in 1966. It was an experiment to connect universities so
they could share information. What do we call this network of computers today?
16. In what year was the first World-Wide Web software created by Tim Berners-Lee?
17. Project Gutenberg puts on the Internet public domain literature and information.
What was the first document posted?
18. What does storing data in the “cloud” mean?
19. What is a computer virus?
20. What does GUI (pronounced "goo-ey") mean?