Blue Ridge Independent School DistricvAu
318 W. School St. Telephone (972) 752-5554
Blue Ridge, TX 75424 Fax (972) 752-9084
Blue Ridge ISD staff, faculty and community:
It is my pleasure to announce that, Blue Ridge ISD will join forces with the American Heart Association to present you with the Go Red For Women Challenge! I hope that you will participate in this challenge by x setting a personal goal for improving your heart health and supporting the AHA’s Go Red for Women initiative.
We chose to partner with the AHA because, like you, the American Heart Association sets aggressive goals to achieving their mission of building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Currently heart disease is the leading cause of death for Americans. But 80% of its risk factors are preventable.
Here’s how it works:
- Beginning this week: you will see tips from our district: These messages from Blue Ridge ISD and the AHA are full of great information on how you can get healthy and stay healthy!
- Also this week we launch the Go Red Challenge. The Go Red for Women Challenge has two objectives: to educate and inform our staff about women’s risk factors for heart disease – more women than men die of heart attacks in the United States; and to raise funds for the American Heart Association, an organization whose mission and goals align closely with Blue Ridge ISD’s purpose. To help all people lead healthier lives, and to be there for them when they need it.
- How can you get involved? There are many ways!
- First, we hope you will take a moment to read the email messages. They are designed to be delivered at just the right times!
- Second, over the next several weeks, you will receive messages – each will help you determine your own heart health! Read them. Act on them. We are sharing them because we care!
- Third, we are providing ways for you to support the AHA during their Heart Month. In February we will come together to celebrate by turning all of Blue Ridge ISD RED!
- 1. Make a donation of $20.00 to receive a 2016-2017 Commemorative Go Red Shirt
- 2. Wear your Red on Friday, February 3 and share your campus activities by using social media and our district’s hashtag, #BRISDPride
I am eager to celebrate with you, hear about your heart goals and to have Blue Ridge ISD join other school districts across Texas and the country in support of our women, their heart health, and the American Heart Association.