Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
June 20, 2016 at 6:30 PM – 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Verify the Banishment of Bats
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Chad
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff Comments: three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of School Calendar
- Approval of changes to Employee Handbook
- BOD President (15 min)
- New Kivacharter email addresses
- Schedule Susan’s evaluation
- Plan for making up Technical Assistance credits for grant requirements
- Prioritize Pending Projects / Unfinished Business
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee (5 min)
- Bonus pay for staff
- Head of School (30 min)
- SAC Report
- Parent Survey results - do we re-send?
- Other SAC issues?
- Review STAR testing results
- Review UIP Goals
- Interim Finance Director (15 min)
- Review May Financial Statements
- Nominations Committee (15 min)
- Update BOD terms in bylaws
- Process for recruiting community members for Committee membership
- Ad Hoc Screening Committee for Finance Director (10 min)
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- Special Board Meeting, June 30 at 5:30 PM (may participate by telephone)
- Next BOD meeting
- July 18
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all current action items – Tamia