TERMS & CONDITIONS of the Maker Space SDG and The Space
MakerSpaceSDG.com is owned and managed by Maker Space SDG at KAUST in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. The following Terms and Conditions apply to both online purchases through this website as well as any offline transactions made at Maker Space SDG Makerspace (“The Space”).
The following terms shall have the following meanings:
- ‘MS’ Maker Space SDG
- ‘Registration Form’ the online registration form through which details of the member including the duration and type of membership as well as the inductions/workshops he/she intends to take up are gathered by Maker Space SDG ;
- 'Add-ons' additional contract for certain services requested by the members in addition to their membership
- ‘Inductions’ the mandatory safety and basic use training required before a member can gain access to the respective equipment, tools, materials or workshop
- 'Workshops' the non-compulsory training or advanced skill taught to members or non-members, conducted and/or hosted by Maker Space SDG
- ‘Member’ the person attaining the services of The Space including membership access;
- ‘Fees’ the fees shown on MS’s website or other published literature relating to the Services from time to time;
- ‘Location’ the location of The Space (including the site of the courses and the sites used for recreation);
- ‘Services’ the provision of The Space services (through memberships) or additional services "add-ons" as specified by the member in the "registration form"
Credit/Debit Card Payments
- “We accept payments in cash in SAR”.
- “Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the rules of KAUST”.
- “Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is our country of domicile”.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- Multiple purchases on this web site by the cardholder may result in multiple postings to the cardholder's monthly statement.
Supply of Services
- MS will provide the services to the Members subject to these Conditions. By registering and paying the fee you agree on to be bound by these Conditions. These Conditions constitute the entire agreement between MS and you and may not be varied except in writing by a director of MS
- Registrations are accepted at the discretion of MS and are not transferable
- You shall fully complete the Registration Form and at your own expense supply MS with all necessary and other information required by MS in connection with the Services.
- MS may correct any typographical or other errors or omissions in any MS material relating to the provision of the Services without incurring any liability to you.
Payment of Fees
- You shall pay MS the Fees and any additional sums which are agreed between you and MS for the provision of the Services.
- The full Fees must be sent to MS via the website Registration Form or in cash at The Space. No booking is valid until payment has been received.
Cancellation & Refund
- In the event of cancellation of an induction training or workshop by you, a full credit will only be issued if such cancellation is notified in writing to MS at least 5 business days before the commencement of the Induction/Workshop.
- An administration charge of SAR 0 (gratis) will be deducted in case of cancellation or rescheduling with less than 48 hours notice.
- No refunds will be issued in case of no show or if bookings are cancelled with less 5 business days notice.
- Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
- If, for any reason, the Induction/Workshop is cancelled by MS, the total liability of MS will not exceed that proportion of the Fees MS have actually received.
- Fees are non-returnable for Members arriving late, leaving early or missing a day or a segment of a Workshop (whether on account of illness or any other reason).
- If a course, workshop or facility has been booked, then the full fees are payable before any confirmation is supplied.
Liability & Conduct
- As a member or participant in The Space you agree to our Maker's Code and Liability Waiver and you accept to be wholly liable for any and all actions and/or omissions as a member/attendant. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, you shall be liable for any liability, financial or otherwise, or injury or damage to property caused whilst at the Location, and shall fully indemnify MS, their agents, contractors and/or employees for any loss, damage, costs or expenses resulting from such liability, injury or damage.
- MS reserves the right to make rules and regulations relating to the Member's participation in The Space. The Rules form part of these Conditions and will be notified to the Member at the Location or earlier.
- Any failure by the Member to adhere to the Rules may result in his/her participation at The Space being terminated forthwith without refund.
- Without prejudice to paragraph above, MS reserves the right to withdraw the Member from any activity at any time on the grounds of safety or unsuitability.
- We are sensitive to certain allergens but cannot guarantee their exclusion from The Space.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by MS's negligence, MS shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or any implied warranty, condition or other term or any duty at common rule or under the express terms of this Agreement for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by oversight or negligence of our staff, or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Services or their use by you, and our entire liability under or in connection with this Agreement shall not exceed the amount of our Fees for the provision of the Services.
- Where MS provides, in connection with the provision of the Services, any goods or equipment or services supplied by a third party, MS does not give any warranty, guarantee or other terms as to their quality, fitness for purpose, performance or otherwise.
- MS shall have no liability to the Members for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any instructions supplied by you which are incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or illegible, or arising from the Member's late arrival or non-arrival, or any other fault of you.
- MS shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of MS's’ obligations in relation to the Services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond MS’s reasonable control.
- MS reserves the right to alter Inductions/Workshops, activities, itineraries, excursions, age brackets, premises and personnel as it thinks fit and without notice. MS will not be bound by any statement unless it is in writing and authorized by a Director of MS.
- All legible members must read, agree to, sign and abide by MS Makers' Code and the Liability waiver form before accessing The Space facilities.
- Any violation of the Makers' Code, Privacy Policies or workshop safety rules and guidelines will subject the violator to any form of measure that MS sees fit including imposing monetary penalties, membership suspension, termination or legal action in case of inflicting serious risk or harm on others or on properties as a result negligence or deliberation.
Medical and Behavioral
- Any medical or behavioral problems of the Member must be notified to MS in writing on the Registration Form, and in any event prior to the commencement of the Membership/Induction/Workshop. MS reserve the right not to accept your Registration on the grounds that any such medical or behavioral problems are not conducive to the Member's or other participation.
- In the event that the Member becomes ill or incapacitated during the course of membership or Induction/Workshop, you agree to medical treatment being given if required in accordance with the recommendations of a qualified medical practitioner, including the administration of a general anesthetic and to surgical operations in case of emergency. Such action shall be taken at your expense.
- If the Member becomes ill or comes into contact with any contagious or infectious disease during the 21 days prior to the commencement of the Membership or Induction/Workshop, you must immediately notify MS in writing and provide a medical certificate from the Member's doctor giving approval for the Member to participate.
- It is your responsibility to help MS prevent the spread of infectious diseases
- It is a your responsibility to tell MS prior to membership term or Inductions/Workshops of any issue or condition that may affect their stay at The Space. These include but are not limited to ADHD, SEN, medical, languages, disabilities, diet, medical, behavioral/social issues, child’s history.
- MS reserves the right to suspect or remove any Member whose attendance, work or behavior is, in their reasonable opinion, unsatisfactory. Under such circumstances, MS will be under no obligation to return any fees.
- Permission is given to administer medication or first aid if required.
You acknowledge that MS may use for publicity purposes and without prior notification any photograph or video taken of the member at the Location, and any statement (whether written or oral) made by you.
MS shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any obligation (including to action any alteration or cancellation) due to any case beyond our reasonable control including lock-outs, strikes, shortages of personnel, labour disputes, war, riot, act of God, civil commotion, terrorism, malicious damage, threats to safety, compliance with any rule or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, environmental contamination, pandemic outbreak of disease, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, difficulty or increased expense in obtaining workmen, materials, goods or raw materials in connection with the performance of this agreement.
- Once the customer registers on our website, a notification mail will be sent to his/her registered email address with us; confirming the registration”.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- This agreement is governed by the rules of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the KAUST Administrations.
- MS reserves the right to search the bags and other personal property of all Members in appropriate circumstances.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
If there are any questions regarding this terms of service, you may contact us using the information below.
Maker Space SDG
Innovation Cluster, 24 Unity Blvd
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Last Edited on 14 March 2017