#123 - Into the Nexus: “Title”
• Garrett • Kyle
Our Patrons support Into the Nexus at Patreon.com/ITN. If you enjoy the show consider supporting it with 25 cents, a dollar, or however you would like! We thank all our Patrons for their support!
Intro: Welcome to Into the Nexus! The Heroes of the Storm podcast!
Shout out to Smieth!
Team League Party Tomorrow at 9 pm ET!
Patron Hangout next Monday at 4 pm ET!
Reminder, you can go to ITNcast.reddit.com to submit stories or upvote submissions for the next episode.
- Off pick talent buffs. Mainly Fel Flame Build Buff
- Corruption Quest at level 1 takes 5 more hits
Devs: While he has an acceptable win rate in the hands of experienced players, we felt that Gul’dan could use a few minor buffs and talent tweaks to help make his talent tiers more competitive. His Echo of Corruption quest ended up being completed earlier than we intended for such a strong effect, so we’re increasing the amount of Hero hits required. We are also are seeing a higher win rate for his Ruinous Affliction talent compared to others on his Level 16 tier. Rather than nerf this talent, we decided to buff the other options to make the tier more competitive and to make his late-game power spike more powerful.
- Sgt. Hammers Non-Sieged attack range has been increased by 20%
- Thrusters are always active in the Altar of Storms (Talent Changed)
Devs: We’re planning to do a deeper dive into our favorite Siege Tank down the road, but in the meantime we felt Sgt. Hammer could use a few changes to make her feel more competitive compared to other heroes. Sgt. Hammer was originally designed to be the master of ranged damage, but has since become outshined by other poke heroes like Li-Ming and Chromie. To help her assert her spot again as a scary ranged damage-dealer, we’re making Maelstrom Shells a part of her baseline Artillery Trait, which should also help that tier’s pick rates. We’re also giving her a bit of a quality of life improvement by making her Thrusters always active when she leaves the Hall of Storms, which should help her get back to the game faster from her base.
- Buff to Gorge cause everybody's poopin’
- Basic Attack damage increased from 48 to 60
- Sacred Sweep (Q)
- Outer damage reduced from 80 to 75
- Inner damage reduced from 160 to 150
- Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds
- Range increased from 4 to 5
- Nerfs across the board on top picked talents
- Some buffs to off picks
Devs: Auriel has had a very strong release. We’re happy to see some fresh blood (or hope) in the support scene, but do think that as players continue to master the newest Hero in the Nexus that her winrate will continue to climb. As such, we’re reducing the power of her Sacred Sweep Talents, as well as reducing some of her Energy gain from Empathic Link. We’ve also transferred some of her damage (and consequently her Energy gain) from Sacred Sweep into her Basic Attacks, as we found them more lackluster than we’d like and not worth the risk necessary to use them.
- Damage reduced from 159 to 135
- Damage reduced from 420 to 355
- Damage increased from 68 to 190
- Cooldown reduction per attack reduced from 1 to .8 seconds
- Stealth duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds
- Increased the damage bonus per quest stack from 10 to 15
- Increased the maximum damage bonus from 150 to 225
- Damage bonus per kill increased from 25 to 35%, up to a maximum of 140%
Devs: We’re pretty happy with the way Greymane is playing, but think that he’s doing more burst damage than we want from a Basic Attack focused Hero (at a very consistent rate). We’ve decided to address this by reducing the damage of Go for the Throat and Razor Swipe. We’re also increasing the damage of Marked for the Kill. While the focus of the Heroic is the long term Vulnerable, by increasing the damage we’re reducing the opportunity cost of giving up Marked for the Kill.
- Sanctification Cooldown Increased
- Judgement Cooldown reduced
- Follow Through Added
- Buff to off pick talents.
Devs: Been trending upward since he last received a Talent update... The major target points are a few of the over performing Talents, as well as some slight adjustments to a few of his cooldowns. Coupled with these nerfs, we’re also buffing a few of the lesser picked Talents so that he has more compelling options at every tier.
Mount Speed Changes
Via BlizzCooper & Designer Alex Neyman:
- Mount Speed changes were seen in the Gamescom build.
- Mount Movement Speed reduced from 40% to 30%
- Also adjusted a number of equivalent powers.
- For example, Rehgar and Falstad have been tuned to make sure they are in line with the alterations.
- These changes will be coming into the PTR next week
- Right now sticking together as 4 or 5 post level 10 is probably the correct decision 90% of the time. Our goal is to get this to maybe around 80%. Some concrete examples of the difference these mount changes make:
- The time to run from Cursed Hollow’s top lane to bottom Tribute will be increased from 18.5 to 20 seconds while mounted, with a direct route.
- The time to run from Sky Temple’s bottom lane to the top temple will be increased from 22 to 24 seconds while mounted, with a direct route.
- Slowing down the 2-4 man early game gank squads on bigger maps
- Allowing prolonged 1v1 and 2v2 matchups when there are no battleground events up more often.
- You can still gank, it just won’t always be as effective, and therefore you’ll need to make harder decisions on whether it’s worth it or not.
- Making map-wide team positioning matter more
- If you commit resources to a Mercenary camp at the top of the map, you might be later to a Tribute spawn on the bottom. This will encourage more interesting strategic choices, forcing you to choose which of the minor objectives (like Mercenaries or Minion waves) are important, or potentially split up your team to get multiple done at once and still reach a map event on time.
- Making recognition of the enemy team’s location on the map more significant
- With slightly slower mounts, when an opponent disappears from view his radius of places he could potentially be is smaller, allowing more informed decisions. Which, ultimately, rewards better play and mastery of the game.
Official Look at MVP and Commendations
- Best in Team (Damage Taken, Hero Damage Done, Siege Damage)
- Best in Game (Same as Above)
- Person with the most Best in Game awards will be awarded MVP
- Headhunter – Most Mercenary camps captured.
- Bulwark – Most damage taken by a Warrior Hero.
- Cannonneer – Most Core damage done on Towers of Doom.
- Moneybags – Most coins turned in on Blackheart’s Bay.
- Stunner – Longest combined Stun time against enemy Heroes.
- Allied chat will still be active during this 15 second event.
- Players will then vote on their favorite player (MVP plus 4 Commendation winners)
More Gamescom TidBits
- Arena news “coming soon”
- Spell Shield will be Togglable
- Reworked Haunted Mines being tested internally
- Everyone gets three free heroes with the Machines of War event. Seems to be Tyrande, Anub’arak and Thrall. If you already own them, there will be three others. If you own all, you get bonus gold.
- Machines of War release will also have a rework for another hero that was not on the Gamescom build.
- Samuro Blademaster easter egg found on Braxis Holdout
Patreon Mention: Patreon.com/ITN
- Brandon Burkhardt
- Christopher Wine
- Alexander Queen
- Justin Graeve
- Nick Milton
- Michael Meyers
Remember when I was excited to get really really good?
Well I didn’t think it meant getting good with only meta picks.
Reasons for Tilt
- External Elements
- Acknowledge your personal triggers or “jimmies”
- Breaking the Norm
- An unfortunate battle
- Being dealt a bad hand
- Dont let it happen in the first place
- Knowing what upsets you
- Increasing your game knowledge and skills for self analysis
Too late! Your Tilted
- Stop playing (Ranked)
- Maintain your honor
I have just started playing around with quick casting. So far I have only used it on Li Ming and Chromie. Are there any other characters or spells you guys would suggest trying it out on? Thanks in advance.
- Li Ming
- Jaina (Ring of Frost)
Patreon Shout Out
ITN is supported by our badass Patrons. You can become a ITN Patron by going to Patreon.com/itn.
- No new reviews. Keep em’ coming!
Into the Nexus is produced by Amove.tv and our Patreon producers Declan H and CheezyBob! ITN coffee mugs and glasses are over at bit.ly/amovestore.
Catch the live show Thursday nights at 8pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/Amovetv. Mobile live stream provided by Alpha Geek Radio. Go to mobile.alphageekradio.com.
Follow the show on Twitter @ITNcast, Facebook.com/Amovetv, And ITNpodcast.reddit.com.
Thanks to Brian Griffith, the musician responsible for our intro music. He can be found at briangriffithmusic.com or @briangriffith on twitter..
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
The Angry Chicken: A Hearthstone Podcast
The Angry Nerd
Just because we aren’t running ads at the top doesn’t mean these codes are any less awesome!
Our code, ITN, will get you a free 120gb SSD added to your already amazing Doghouse gaming PC.
The same code, ITN, will get you 30% off and free shipping on your entire order of noise-reducing earbuds from Tweaked Audio!