Rockingham County Public Schools is pleased to provide Google Apps for Education (GAFE) accounts to our students in upper elementary through high school. RCPS administers all accounts, giving students access to those educationally relevant features that are a part of the GAFE environment.
Our GAFE accounts provide a variety of new opportunities and advantages:
- Unlimited file storage for students
- 24/7 access to accounts anywhere Internet access is available
- Ability to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online (eliminates need for MS Office)
- Easy integration with Microsoft Office documents, where desired
- Access on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices
- Streamlined communication between students and teachers
- Organization of assignments and class materials through Google Classroom
- Real time collaboration among students on documents and presentations
- No advertising in Google Apps for Education accounts
- Reduction in the use of paper, saving students and schools money for paper, printers, and printing supplies.
- Experience with tools that many will be expected to understand and use in higher education
Elementary students do not have Gmail access. Some secondary students have access to Gmail but with limitations placed on sending and receiving.
Students do not have access to Google+, Google’s social networking application.