Thermodynamics and Matter
Geometric Optics and Light
- Reading assignments must be outlined in one color of pen and class notes written in using a different color of pen. Random outline checks will be done regularly for a homework grade. If there is no outline from a reading assignment then a 0% will be recorded and a homework slip given.
- Homework questions and worksheets must be answered using blue or black pen; however, pencils must be used for all math work.
- Be sure to show all work using the methods taught in class. Do not just write the answer on any math problems. Even if the answer is correct, no credit will be given because no work is shown. Partial credit will be awarded for correct work done. A scientific calculator will be required for the math problems.
- All work must be kept in a three-ringed binder designated for Physics class only and will be graded on test days for two homework grades: 100% for all reading and class notes, problems, worksheets, and handouts ; or a 0% if any of the aforementioned items are not included.
- All in-class grading must be completed in green ink and each student must write their name on the bottom of the assignment they are grading.
25%-Homework (Accuracy and completion):
- Section and Chapter Review Questions
- Chapter Tests
- Research Paper
Essay: The Scientific Method (Quiz Grade)--
- August 28, 2017: Essays Introduced
- September 1, 2017: Essay Due
Essay: Physics Occupation (Quiz Grade)--
- September 11, 2017: Occupation chosen in class.
- September 13, 2017: Minimum two sources due in class.
- September 20, 2017: Essay due in class.
Essay: Scientific Topic (Test Grade)--
- October 18, 2017: Scientific topic chosen in class.
- October 23, 2017: Minimum three sources due in class.
- October 23-27, 2017: Two-page minimum essay completed in class.
- October 30, 2017: Typed or written essay due in class.
Research Paper (Two Test Grades)--
- January 3, 2017-List of topics compiled in class
- January 8, 2017-Topic Due
- January 15-19, 2017-In-class Workdays
- January 19, 2017-Outline Due
- January 26, 2017-25 Notecards Due
- January 31, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 2, 2017-25 Notecards Due (Total-50)
- February 7, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 9, 2017-25 Notecards Due (Total-75)
- February 14, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 16, 2017-25 Notecards Due (Total-100) and Working Bibliography
- February 21, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 28, 2017-First Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 7, 2017-Second Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 9, 2017-In-class Workday
- March 12, 2017-Personal Proofreading Signature Due
- March 16, 2017-Two Proofreading Signatures, Typed Title Page, Outline, Pledge Page and Bibliography Due
- March 30, 2017-Research Paper Due