Pigeon Forge High School
Honors Algebra 2
Room Number: 131
Telephone: (865) 774-5790
- Notebook with dividers
- Colored Pencils
- Graphing Calculator - Classroom set available for in-school use
- Algebra 2 is designed to build on algebraic and geometric concepts. It develops advanced algebra skills, systems of equations, advanced polynomials, imaginary & complex numbers, quadratics, and the introduction of trigonometric functions, matrices and their properties.
- Tennessee’s Mathematics Algebra 2 Standards can be found at the following url:
(if you need a hard copy, please let me know and I will send one home)
- Major units of study will center on advanced algebra skills, systems of equations, advanced polynomials, imaginary & complex numbers, quadratics.
- Students will do a research project on colleges and careers.
- Per Sevier County Board of Education policy, daily grades will count as two-thirds of a student’s final average while test grades will count as the final one-third. Deductions will be made for unexcused absences and tardies. The semester exam will count as 25% of the student’s final grade for the course when averaged with the grades from each marking period. Progress reports are distributed at the three week point of each six weeks grading period.
Parental Access to Instructional Materials
- Pursuant to Tennessee Code 49-6-7003, parents or guardians may request access to any teaching materials, instructional materials, and other teaching aids used in the classroom as well as any tests developed or graded by the teacher. In order to facilitate this request, parents/guardians are asked to submit a request for such review via letter, email, or phone conversation prior to an established meeting for said review.