The following terms are commonly encountered in Mathematics. It is important to have an understanding of these terms as they will assist in understanding and make questions more meaningful when you encounter them.
- It is an imaginary line, a straight line to which a graph continuously draws nearer without ever touching it.
- The maximum height of a graph from the x-axis eg in trig graphs.
- The perimeter of a circle
- A count or number of times an outcome or event was observed
- The gradient/slope of the tangent to a curve at a particular point on the curve.
- The -intercepts of a graph, which are the solutions to f(x) = 0 or y=0
- In geometry, the tangent line to curve at a given point is a straight lines
which “touches “ a curve at a particular point.
8. Average Rate of Change
- It is the average gradient between two points on a curve.
9. Instantaneous Rate of Change
- It a the gradient of a curve at a particular point.
10. Turning Point
- It is the relative maximum or minimum points on a graph, or relative extreme