Our girls have 2 sets of required clothing they use for Girlchoir: concert dresses (owned by the choir), and black and whites (owned by individual girls). Both sets of clothing must be worn with nylons and black flats (owned by the girls). There is also team apparel with our girlchoir logo available from Games People Play. This includes t-shirts, tote bags, jackets, etc. and is completely optional.
- Floor length black formal dresses are worn for concerts and are provided by and owned by the choir.
- Girls will be fitted for their concert dress (this is the mandatory dress fitting) during rehearsal on Saturday, February 18th. Many thanks to the parents who fit, alter, wash and store these dresses for us!
- They must bring their black flat formal shoes to wear for the dress fitting.
Black and Whites
- Outfit worn for informal performances in the community and to/from the concerts.
- The choir has a few samples of the sweater and shirt for parents to eye up or try on their daughter to help them know what size to order.
- On Saturday, February 18th, there will be a clothing exchange after rehearsal. Please bring cash to make a purchase at the clothing exchange.
- Parents who have outgrown clothing they would like to sell should put it in a plastic bag labeled with the size. Attach an envelope labeled with your name and how much you would like for it.
- Parents who would like to buy an item need to seal their money in the envelope attached to the item and leave it to be distributed to the selling parent.
Parents are responsible for obtaining the following items:
- Black fine gauge cotton cardigan sweater from LandsEnd. Please get this exact sweater. If you join the LandsEnd email list you can often receive good coupons.
- Youth sizes $30 adult sizes $40
- Black dress shoes, “flats”, with little to no heel. They should fit with nylons. Most often available at Payless Shoes, Famous Footwear, any discount store and many online options. This example is from Walmart and cost is about $15,
- Black straight knee length skirt. It needs to be plain (no sequins, glitter, feathers, etc.) Be sure the hem is even and knee length. These are easy to make if you know a seamstress, sometimes they can be found at Goodwill.
- CONCERT Choir - white peter pan collar blouse. This is from Lands End and cost $20 They can be challenging to find so we recommend this exact shirt.
- TOURING Choir - white crew neck tee. They can often be found at Kohls, JC Penney, and many discount stores. There should be NO PRINTING on this white shirt.
Optional Additional La Crosse Girlchoir Items:
THERE WILL BE A LINK TO TEAM APPAREL AT GAMES PEOPLE PLAY FROM OUR WEBSITE. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO LET YOU KNOW WHEN THE LINK IS ACTIVE AND THE STORE IS “OPEN”.