General Women’s Meeting
Conducting: Linda K. Burton - Relief Society General President
Hymn: Arise, O Glorious Zion - Hymn 40
Invocation: Sister Denise Lindberg - Young Women General Board
Hymn: If I Listen With My Heart - Friend, Feb 2016
Talk: Jean B. Bingham, First Counselor in the Primary General Presidency
I Will Bring the Light of the Gospel into My Home
- Major theme: Charity
- If we really love the Lord, we will love others. We do this by withholding judgement, Seeing how the Lord sees, and, as the Apostle Paul said, “put away childish ways”.
- Don’t compare yourself with others.
- Count your blessings.
- Look for the good.
- Continue in the pursuit of improvement.
Talk: Carole M. Stephens, First Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency
The Master Healer
- We need a bedrock understanding of the Doctrine of Christ.
- Adversity refines our faith and deepens it.
Talk: Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women General President
Rise Up in Strength, Sisters in Zion
Fourth Floor, Last Door
- Major Theme: Faith; What it can and cannot do.
- Faith cannot violate another person’s free agency.
- Faith cannot force our will on God.
- Faith will empower us to act on God’s will.
- Answers will come and we will be content with the answers, even overwhelmed with Joy.
- Trust God and act accordingly.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do. Strengths, not weaknesses.
- Teach True Doctrine. To do this we must study and gain a testimony of what true doctrine is.