Carrot and Parsnip Puree
- 5 parsnips, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the parsnips and carrots into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain; return vegetables to pot. Turn heat to low, stir in the chives and 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Puree mixture using an immersion blender. Add 3 tablespoons of soft butter and continue to puree until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.