This became the official policy 7/1/13.
Coupon Acceptance Policy for Stores
Albertsons LLC is committed to providing our customers with a Legendary shopping experience that includes fast, friendly and accurate checkout.
- Coupons – Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
- Coupon Availability – Coupons are available in our weekly ads and are available to all of our customers. They must not be reproduced and placed at the point of purchase or on merchandise on displays or shelves unless directed by the marketing department.
- Photocopied/Reproduced Coupons – Albertsons only accepts original copies and does not accept photocopied or reproduced coupons.
- Expired Coupons – Albertsons does not accept expired coupons. The expiration dates must be verified if the coupon does not scan.
- Free Coupons - The coupon redemption value may not exceed the price of the item.
- Acceptance Requirements - Coupons must be accepted in accordance to the stated requirements on the coupon at the time of purchase. These requirements include product type or flavor, size and purchase limits.
- Multiple Coupons – The customer may redeem one manufacturer coupon and one store coupon on the same qualifying item.
- Competitor Coupons- Albertsons does not accept competitor coupons.
- Sales Tax - All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
- All associates who operate a register are responsible for providing Legendary customer service; this includes, but is not limited to, accurately recording sales of items and coupons and collecting tender in full.
- Approved Coupon Types
- Manufacturer Coupons are Coupons issued by the manufacturer or vendor and are reimbursable to the merchant. Manufacturer coupons may NOT be copied or reproduced in any way and must meet the following conditions:
- Coupon must be identified as a “Manufacturer Coupon”
- Manufacturer “terms and agreement” and Redemption Instructions must be clearly stated Face value of coupon must be stated Coupon value cannot exceed the retail value of the item Coupon must have expiration date; expired coupons will not be accepted Must contain a valid bar code that can be scanned Vendor/Manufacturer coupons will not be accepted if the coupon is store or company specific Only one manufacturer coupon per item Customers may redeem one vendor/ manufacturer coupon and one store coupon per item as long as when combined, the total discounted amount does not exceed the value of the item.
- Free coupons always have a maximum value that cannot be exceeded Customer may be required to pay sales tax and or a deposit charge Eligible manufacturer coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once. Coupons may not be assigned, transferred, sold, purchased or reproduced. Any other use may violate vendor agreements.
Coupon Acceptance Policy
- Catalina Coupons are coupons provided by a third party vendor that partners with Albertsons LLC to offer both Manufacturer coupons and Albertsons in-store coupons. The coupons are triggered by purchasing qualified items at checkout which generate a coupon to print on the Catalina printer.
- It is Albertsons? policy that these coupons are to be used in a future purchase, not within the purchase in which they are generated.
- Catalina coupons can only be given to the customer for whom they are intended (not to any other customer or associate). If a customer does not want their Catalina coupons, it is Albertsons? policy that the cashier destroys them immediately. Please closely monitor SCOT lanes.
- If an additional Catalina coupon is generated due to a suspend/retrieve transaction, the original coupon is to be destroyed.
- Web Buck/Bounce Back Coupons clearly state that they are redeemable on the next purchase. Next purchase is defined as a separate transaction.
- Items may not be pre-sold (rain checks given for additional quantities) to generate Catalina coupon or offers. The Catalina offers only applies to the items purchased at the time of the purchase.
- Catalina Manufacturer coupons may be redeemed with a competitor logo or name as long as it does NOT say “redeem ONLY at ______ (competitor name)”.
- Store Coupons contain the verbiage “redeemable only at [Banner name]”, OR “Store Coupon”. They are issued directly by Albertsons LLC and may be distributed electronically, in the newspaper, ad inserts, direct mailer, or by other means. Store coupons typically have a barcode and will scan but they DO NOT contain redemption instruction. Unlike manufacturer coupons, store coupons are reduction of sales, not a tender and are not reimbursable. Store coupons must meet the following conditions:
- Any and all stated limits must be adhered to on all store coupons.
- May not be used in combination with any other offer (this does not include a manufacturer coupon). The store coupon cannot be doubled or tripled, or exchanged for cash.
- Store coupons may have designated only locations marked on coupon due to special store promotions. Store coupon cannot exceed the value of the item.
- Internet Coupon Albertsons does accept internet coupons. Internet coupons printed from an authorized website are redeemable only with a qualifying purchase.
- Albertsons does NOT accept internet coupons containing the following conditions: „Free? product offers that do not require a purchase. Example: If a coupon states Buy a package of cookies and receive a Free Half gallon of milk. This is an acceptable coupon for a free item. Redemption value exceeds $5.00
- Absence of valid and scan-abled UPC bar code Absence of an expiration date Repetitive serial numbers (Internet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number of coupons that can be printed from the same computer).
Buy 1 Get 1 Free, Buy 1 Get 2 Free Sale Items:
Customers may use one manufacturer coupon for each item, (EX: buy one get two free = 3 manufacturer coupons allowed), as long as when combined, the total discount amount does not exceed the retail of the first item.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event a coupon is presented for an item where the face value of the coupon exceeds the retail of the item, the coupon may still be accepted so long as it doesn?t cause the total amount of the item to be a negative amount, meaning we would owe the customer money. Item CANNOT be more than free.
It is preferable that all coupon types be redeemed before the transaction is completed. In the event a customer forgets to give you their coupons, please call for Manager’s assistance to correct the situation and ensure that the customer has a Legendary shopping experience.
- Albertsons, LLC reserves the right to refuse any coupons that do not meet our company guidelines.
- We do not accept fraudulently produced coupon offers including those altered or produced through use of a personal computer or copier.
- Albertson?s, LLC does not accept competitors? coupons. Some situations may require Store Management discretion.
- If you have any questions regarding Albertsons Coupon Redemption polices please consult your Loss Prevention or Service Operations Team.