CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Volunteer Recognition Coordinator
Title: Volunteer Recognition Coordinator *Position may be shared
Reports to: Demobilization Director
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp dates and times will vary. Post camp Volunteer Recognition Event, meetings and reporting.
Plan and implement all areas of volunteer recognition including thank you cards, gifts, award nominations and post-camp events.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the appropriate recognition of CampHERO volunteers including, but not limited to thank you cards, gifts, t-shirts, public recognition, commendation letters, etc.
- Plan and implement the post-camp Volunteer Recognition Event.
- Work with PR/PIO to develop the Volunteer Recognition Program to include the promised sponsor, donor and partner recognitions.
- Work with PR/PIO to develop public recognition opportunities.
- Seek out appropriate award programs and nominate CampHERO volunteers.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Demobilization Director.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be or become a registered member of GSUSA.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.