Northwestern Middle School
Principal Mr. Greg Lehman
150 Harthan Way • Albion, PA 16401 • 814.756.9400 Ext. 5 • Fax: 814.756.9415
Principal • Athletics • Staff Web Pages • Guidance Page • Student Handbook • Olweus Bullying Program • Check Grades (MS) • NWSD • 6th Grade Assignments • 7th Grade Assignments • 8th Grade Assignments • Specials
Middle School Announcements
Friday, April 28, 2017
- Happy Birthday today to Reagan Pettis!
- We wish good luck to the 7th & 8th grade volleyball teams in their games at Iroquois this afternoon.
- There will be a Medal of Honor guest presenting at our school on May 5th. The I Remember Committee is selling shirts, if you are interested in wearing one to the assembly. There are order forms in the office and in all of the social studies classrooms if you would like a shirt for yourself or your family and friends outside of school. Order forms and money will be due back in an envelope to the office by TODAY.
- There are West County Soccer League registration forms available in the middle school office for students currently in 6th or 7th grade.
- Any 8th grader interested in football or basketball cheerleading should come to tryouts May 6 from 9am-3pm in the High School lobby. Flyers are available in the office..
- Any students caught flipping or jamming locks on lockers will be assigned detention. Also, students are not to have toys of any kind at school. This includes any type of “fidget” toys.
- There will be a TechSavvy Program on May 6th at Edinboro University for girls in grades 6-9. Girls interested in attending this program should stop in the middle school office for more information.
- Applications for PSP Camp Cadet Leadership Program are available in the Middle School Office. Applicants must be 13-16 years old. Applications are due April 30th.
- There are registration forms and flyers for PSU Sport Camps and College for Kids available in the Middle School Office.
- 6th Grade Band is on Lesson Schedule B this week.
- Students needing to see the nurse are reminded they must get a pass from their teacher and then report to the office to sign out. Students that go to the nurse without having teacher permission and signing out in the office will be considered skipping.
- Students are NOT permitted to have food or candy during classes. Eating is only permitted during breakfast and lunchtime.
- Students are reminded to handle their Chromebooks with care; this includes carrying them in a secure manner in the hallway between classes.
- This reminder about cafeteria behavior: it is important to keep hands to yourself, keep voices down, and talk only to others at your table. Failure to do so will result in lunch detention and/or assigned seats.
- Students are not to arrive at school before 7 a.m. Students are to use Entrance 16, which is located by 6th grade, between 7 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. Entrance 13, which is the main MS entrance next to the office, is only to be used after students are dismissed from their buses at 7:15 a.m.
- Reminder there is to be no pushing, shoving, running or other horseplay in the halls, or anywhere on school property, before, during or after school. This includes the sidewalk area as students are dismissed from school. Students doing any of these behaviors will be assigned a 2 ½ hour detention. This also includes after lunch on the way back from the cafeteria.
Follow The Pride Program
The Northwestern Middle School is dedicated to providing students the opportunity to become lifelong learners and reach their highest potential while developing respect, responsibility, and good citizenship. We are committed to the successful transitions between elementary school and high school. Our goal is to teach and model respect, responsibility, citizenship, and the desire for knowledge.
As a Middle School "Family", we are looking for ways to collaborate our mission and expectations for staff and students. The "Follow The Pride" slogan was developed by a committee of teachers to describe what our purpose is for our students. The four components of the Pride program are listed below:
1. Be Respectful
Listen when others are speaking
Speak kindly to others
Keep your hands to yourself
2. Be Responsible
Come to class prepared: pencil, agenda, book, binder, homework, etc.
Be on time
3. Be A Good Citizen
Pick up trash/papers when you see them
Help others when they need it
Confine food/candy/gum to approved areas
4. Be a Good Learner
Maintain a positive attitude
Do your best
Attend school regularly
Participate in learning activities
Warning Bell = 7:25
Homeroom = 7:27 – 7:33 / 6 minutes
Period 1 = 7:36 – 8:19 / 43 minutes
Period 2 = 8:23 – 9:05 / 42 minutes
Period 3 = 9:09 – 9:52 / 43 minutes
Period 4 = 9:56 – 10:38 / 42 minutes
Period 5 = 10:42 – 11:25 / 43 minutes
Period 6 = 11:29 – 12:11 / 42 minutes
Lunch = 12:13 – 12:43 / 30 minutes
Period 7 = 12:50 - 1:33/ 43 minutes
Period 8 = 1:37 - 2:16 / 42 minutes
Homeroom = 2:16 - 2:20 / 4 minutes