Northwestern Middle School
Principal Mr. Greg Lehman
150 Harthan Way • Albion, PA 16401 • 814.756.9400 Ext. 5 • Fax: 814.756.9415
Principal • Athletics • Staff Web Pages • Guidance Page • Student Handbook • Olweus Bullying Program • Check Grades (MS) • NWSD • 6th Grade Assignments • 7th Grade Assignments • 8th Grade Assignments • Specials
Middle School Announcements
Thursday, January 12, 2017
- REMINDERS - there is a Snow Make Up Day on Friday 1/13 and there is NO school on Monday 1/16.
- Happy Birthday today to Destiny Kreider; Saturday to Jade Bennett; & Monday to Aubrey Krell & Tess Yuhaschek!
- There will be a meeting for all students planning on attending the YSU English Festival during lunch on Thursday in Mrs. Anderson's room.
- Join the Drama Club for a Fun Cross Country Color Run! The run will take place during the Weekend With the Arts on Saturday April 29 th and early registration is only $25 but ends February 1 st . Registration forms are available in the office. Will you come out looking like a Beauty or a Beast!
- We wish good luck to the boys 7th & 8th grade basketball teams in their games with Conneaut this afternoon and Harbor Creek tomorrow.
- We wish good luck to the wrestling team at NWM Wrestling tournament being held on Saturday in the Corder gym.
- Applications for the Northwestern’s Got Talent Show are due today.
- The Knights of Columbus will sponsor its Annual Free Throw Challenge on Sunday, January 22, 2017 at Our Lady of the Lake Social Center, 128 Sunset Drive in Edinboro. Doors will open at 12:00 P.M. for registration. Competition begins at 1:00 P.M. The event is open to all boys and girls ages 9 – 14. Proof of age and parental signature are required to participate. Basketballs will be awarded to winners in each age bracket. Winners can advance to events at the regional and state levels. Pick up entry forms from middle school office.
- Students needing to see the nurse are reminded they must get a pass from their teacher and then report to the office to sign out. Students that go to the nurse without having teacher permission and signing out in the office will be considered skipping.
- 6th Grade Band is on Lesson Schedule B this week.
- Students are NOT permitted to have food or candy during classes. Eating is only permitted during breakfast and lunchtime.
- This reminder about cafeteria behavior: it is important to keep hands to yourself, keep voices down, and talk only to others at your table. Failure to do so will result in lunch detention and/or assigned seats.
- Students are not to arrive at school before 7 a.m. Students are to use Entrance 16, which is located by 6th grade, between 7 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. Entrance 13, which is the main MS entrance next to the office, is only to be used after students are dismissed from their buses at 7:15 a.m.
- Reminder there is to be no pushing, shoving, running or other horseplay in the halls, or anywhere on school property, before, during or after school. This includes the sidewalk area as students are dismissed from school. Students doing any of these behaviors will be assigned a 2 ½ hour detention. This also includes after lunch on the way back from the cafeteria.
Follow The Pride Program
The Northwestern Middle School is dedicated to providing students the opportunity to become lifelong learners and reach their highest potential while developing respect, responsibility, and good citizenship. We are committed to the successful transitions between elementary school and high school. Our goal is to teach and model respect, responsibility, citizenship, and the desire for knowledge.
As a Middle School "Family", we are looking for ways to collaborate our mission and expectations for staff and students. The "Follow The Pride" slogan was developed by a committee of teachers to describe what our purpose is for our students. The four components of the Pride program are listed below:
1. Be Respectful
Listen when others are speaking
Speak kindly to others
Keep your hands to yourself
2. Be Responsible
Come to class prepared: pencil, agenda, book, binder, homework, etc.
Be on time
3. Be A Good Citizen
Pick up trash/papers when you see them
Help others when they need it
Confine food/candy/gum to approved areas
4. Be a Good Learner
Maintain a positive attitude
Do your best
Attend school regularly
Participate in learning activities
Warning Bell = 7:25
Homeroom = 7:27 – 7:33 / 6 minutes
Period 1 = 7:36 – 8:19 / 43 minutes
Period 2 = 8:23 – 9:05 / 42 minutes
Period 3 = 9:09 – 9:52 / 43 minutes
Period 4 = 9:56 – 10:38 / 42 minutes
Period 5 = 10:42 – 11:25 / 43 minutes
Period 6 = 11:29 – 12:11 / 42 minutes
Lunch = 12:13 – 12:43 / 30 minutes
Period 7 = 12:50 - 1:33/ 43 minutes
Period 8 = 1:37 - 2:16 / 42 minutes
Homeroom = 2:16 - 2:20 / 4 minutes