Northwestern Middle School
Principal Mr. Greg Lehman
150 Harthan Way • Albion, PA 16401 • 814.756.9400 Ext. 5 • Fax: 814.756.9415
Principal • Athletics • Staff Web Pages • Guidance • Student Handbook • Olweus Bullying Program • Check Grades (MS) • NWSD • 6th Grade Assignments • 7th Grade Assignments • 8th Grade Assignments • Specials
Middle School Announcements
Friday, March 22, 2019
- Happy Birthday today to Kacy Conaway & Chloe Duguay; & Sunday to Orion Copeland!
- The Color Guard will be hosting another Open House on Saturday, March 23 from 1:30-4:00. All current members and any new interested members should attend. Please wear comfortable gym clothes and tennis shoes.
- Any 8th grade girls interested in playing basketball next year Open Gyms is every Monday through April, from 6-8pm, in the Corder Gym.
- 6th Grade Band is on Lesson Schedule B this week.
- This reminder there is to be no cell phone usage or listening to music during the school day, this includes in the cafeteria.
- Students are reminded they are NOT to open the outside doors at any entrance for visitors wishing to enter the building. All visitors must enter through the MS Office.
- Part of Following the Pride means treating our school building with respect. Students who choose to disrespect our school by purposefully making scuff marks on the floor will face consequences. Choose wisely and respect OUR school!
- Students are reminded to handle their Chromebooks with care; this includes carrying them in a secure manner in the hallway between classes.
- Students staying after school for any reason are reminded they must be supervised by an adult. Students staying after for any activity, including to watch games, must wait in the high school lobby or leave school property until the activity begins.
- Students needing to see the NURSE are reminded they must get a pass from their teacher and then report to the MS Office to sign out. Students that go to the nurse without having teacher permission and signing out in the Middle School Office will be considered skipping.
- This reminder about cafeteria behavior- it is important to keep hands to yourself, keep voices down, and talk only to others at your table. Failure to do so will result in lunch detention and/or assigned seats.
- Reminder to all students you are not to be beyond the breakfast line in the hallway before 7:20 am. Also, students may not take breakfast with them to class. All breakfast items, including drinks, must be thrown out prior to leaving homeroom in the morning.
- Students are not to arrive at school before 7 am. Students are to use Entrance 16, which is located by the 6th grade, between 7am and 7:15 am. Entrance 13, which is the main MS entrance next to the Middle School Office, is only to be used after students are dismissed from their busses at 7:15 am.
- Students are not to go to their lockers when the bell rings at 2:16 pm; they should report to homeroom to return their computers. They may go to their lockers when the bell rings at 2:20 pm for dismissal.
- Reminder there is to be no pushing, shoving, running or other horseplay in the halls, or anywhere on school property, before, during or after school. This includes after lunch on the way back from the cafeteria and the sidewalk area as students are dismissed from school. Students doing any of these behaviors will be assigned detention.
- There is a lost and found located in the Middle School Office. Items are added daily, we currently have lunch bags, water bottles, shoes, boots and many items of clothing. Please remember to check lost & found when you are missing something.
Follow The Pride Program
The Northwestern Middle School is dedicated to providing students the opportunity to become lifelong learners and reach their highest potential while developing respect, responsibility, and good citizenship. We are committed to the successful transitions between elementary school and high school. Our goal is to teach and model respect, responsibility, citizenship, and the desire for knowledge.
As a Middle School "Family", we are looking for ways to collaborate our mission and expectations for staff and students. The "Follow The Pride" slogan was developed by a committee of teachers to describe what our purpose is for our students. The four components of the Pride program are listed below:
1. Be Respectful
Listen when others are speaking
Speak kindly to others
Keep your hands to yourself
2. Be Responsible
Come to class prepared: pencil, agenda, book, binder, homework, etc.
Be on time
3. Be A Good Citizen
Pick up trash/papers when you see them
Help others when they need it
Confine food/candy/gum to approved areas
4. Be a Good Learner
Maintain a positive attitude
Do your best
Attend school regularly
Participate in learning activities
Warning Bell = 7:25
Homeroom = 7:27 - 7:33 / 6 minutes
Period 1 = 7:36 - 8:19 / 43 minutes
Period 2 = 8:23 - 9:05 / 42 minutes
Period 3 = 9:09 - 9:52 / 43 minutes
Period 4 = 9:56 - 10:38 / 42 minutes
Period 5 = 10:42 - 11:25 / 43 minutes
Period 6 = 11:29 - 12:11 / 42 minutes
Lunch = 12:13 - 12:43 / 30 minutes
Period 7 = 12:50 - 1:33/ 43 minutes
Period 8 = 1:37 - 2:16 / 42 minutes
Homeroom = 2:16 - 2:20 / 4 minutes