22 Wolf River Run
Gorham, ME 04038
207 317 6681
Experienced (30+ years) consultant/architect/developer with a strong background in 3D graphics, object oriented technology, large scale financial transactions, augmented and virtual reality. Self-directed, creative, motivated team player with technical leadership and good communication skills.
Professional in Residence, CI2Lab University of Southern Maine
Portland, ME — 2016-present
- Teaching workshops in Unity programming
- Supporting student efforts and providing guidance on student AR/VR projects
Owner, Digital Code Works
Gorham, ME — 2008-present
- Experience creating and selling apps in the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, Tizen App Store and others.
- Shipped over 7.5 million units combined of all applications
- Created and supported chart topping games in Unity 3D
- Created on AR Prototypes with Unity and Vuforia plug-in.
- Created VR Prototype with Occulus Rift, HTC Vive and AuraVisor.
Sr. Engineer, Seafax, Inc.
Cumberland, ME — 2007-present
- Designed and maintain 2 large ETL efforts to integrate 3rd party data into in house systems.
- Responsible for all facets of internal and external web applications
- Created hundreds of reports in Jasper and BIRT to support custom applications.
- Integrated 3rd party web services and created web services for customers.
- Converted large (500,000 lines of code) web objects application to Java.
Gorham, ME — 2001-present
- Created and maintained an online shop to sell speech related IC’s.
- Wrote firmware in C and ASM for industrial metering as well as video signal generation, speech synthesis and audio playback for high volume toy applications.
Sr. Web Developer,
Portland, ME — 2000-2007
- Lead architect and system owner of new VISA Multinational Data consolidation system using Java J2EE, EJB’s and eXcelon XML Object Repository. Worked directly with business and technical contacts at 40+ banks from all over the world to convert proprietary formats to a common internal XML format for aggregation and reporting.
- Technical lead on 9 projects for VISA member extranet, Visaonline.com, responsible for gathering requirements from customers, writing detailed specs, design and technical implementation, all client contact, creating and maintaining schedules and budgets, mentoring junior team members and directing contract resources. Worked in in Java, ASP.NET and C#.
Sr. Web Developer - Contractor, Gofish.com
Portland, ME — May 2000-December 2000
- Worked as a contractor on conversion of legacy ASP application to WebObjects/Objective-C
- Ported business critical application logic from MS SQL to Oracle PL/SQL
Director of Product Development, Retail Solutions, Inc.
Falmouth, ME — 1997-2000
- Managed a team of 5 programmers to support and enhance an on-line enabled inventory management and accounting system for small to mid-size convenience store chains
- Wrote custom drivers to integrate to legacy POS devices and pump controllers and embedded devices.
Technical Producer, Deep River Publishing
Portland, ME — 1993-1997
- Technical lead on all in house projects supervising a team of 4 developers and artists.
- Designed and wrote 2D CAD program and 2 3D video games
Sr. Programmer, Delorme Mapping
Freeport, ME — 1989-1993
- Team Lead for Street Atlas 1.0
- Specialized in spatial processing for 2D/3D graphics
- Wrote vehicle navigation software using satellite communications
Programmer, Delorme Mapping
Freeport, ME — 1983-1986
- Developed real-time robotic control system for X/Y Scanning table
- Created tools for image compression and scientific image processing
University of Maine at Farmington
B.A., Math — 1987-1989
Kennebec Valley Community College
Electronics Certificate Program — 1983-1984
University of Maine at Farmington
A.A., Liberal Arts — 1981-1983