Davis Aquatic Masters
Board Meeting – April 8, 2015
Meeting was called to order at 6:35 p.m. in the Brady Building at Civic Pool. Quorum was established.
Stu Kahn (non-voting)
Patricia Price (non-voting)
Allan Crow (non-voting)
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes from the March board meeting were unanimously approved.
- Trish reported that everything is on track for the event; she has ordered t-shirts, caps and awards. She ordered enough caps to last two years to get a good price break.
- Greg Stoner asked if there would be participation awards. Trish: pub glasses and caps. Area coordinators will have different colored t-shirts so they can be easily identified.
- Trish reported that the lake level will be about the same as last year; the exit point from the lake will be better this year.
- Trish would like to be present for the BDoG so she can recruit for Berryessa.
- Discussion followed regarding sponsors for the event.
- Ken reported that the Facebook page and Twitter account are ready for BDoG.
- Volunteers will be recruited to help on the day of; Rose will handle organizing the food; Greg asked about our liability if we serve alcohol; discussion followed.
Coach’s report given by Stu Kahn.
- Stu reported that head count was down a bit towards the end of March
- Stu reported that this year he intends to concentrate more on the 3000/6000 swim rather than the hour swim in the fall.
- Reported that 9 coaches covered the sessions while he and Mary had time off
- Allan briefly went over the Treasurer’s report. Of note:
- The actual net income is slightly lower for March
- Rose mentioned that new state laws regarding sick time might impact DAM. Discussion followed
Policies and Procedures/By-Laws
- In Erica’s absence, Ken reported that Erica is working on the policies and procedures.
- Greg reported that there is nothing new on the 50m pool.
- Ken reported that Jonothan Howard still needs to work on replacing bricks and adding new bricks. Greg offered to get in touch with Jonathon.
- Byron reported that the summer barbecue is scheduled for July 11, 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Scheduled for May 13, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 PM