

Weekly DAO & Governance Call - 2025/07/23 07:28 EDT - Transcript

Attendees

Anastassis Oikonomopoulos, Beni Bauer, Chinonso Francis, Daniel Anomfueme, David Machuche, Eren Targ, Eugene Leventhal, Hugo Volz Oliveira, Ivey SEED Gov, James K, Jamilya Kamalova, Jamilya Kamalova's Presentation, Kalu, Vincent Chigozie (GozmanGonzalez), Kirill | LobbyFi, Manuel González, Mark, Marlene (bitblondy), Matt Haynes, Mina IHaveNoIdea, Mulandi Cecilia, paul gachora, Peter Maina, Samater Mohamed, Tino SEED Gov, Yustynn Panicker, Zeptimus

Transcript

Jamilya Kamalova: So, today 20th of July, it's 1:30 p.m. Central European time. Should be 7:30 a.m. EDT. So, today we have a couple of things on our agenda. Let's see. yeah, before we jump into our action items, do we have any questions? anything that we want to discuss before we start with our agenda or any last minute any announcement anything that we should know before we jump into it. Always feel free to raise your hand. I will be intentional sorry people were dropped off the call.

Jamilya Kamalova: So generally we are always making those intentional weird awkward pauses. that's our way to ask you to contribute in any Making sure that we just don't take all the space. David your hand raised delegate training delegate accelerator program.

David Machuche: Yeah. Yeah. U Thanks so quick question. I've just been kind of busy for the past month or so. I've been locking in and building. but I'd love to understand so my understanding the delegate training has already started and the form's been closed. But is there anywhere I can check on a quick progress because I tried checking in the forum. it's just progress if it started or not. And I'd love to understand if there's any possibility of any other openings there still. Yeah.

Jamilya Kamalova: So, we're going to get to that.

Jamilya Kamalova: And from what I know the decisions have been communicated through email. So if you've applied within the application window, you should have received an email with the email that you were applying. have you not? Because if not we can check that and to make sure that you have updated information.

David Machuche: So, I missed the window of application. That's why I'm asking if there's any possibility for it to be open still.

Jamilya Kamalova: So at this point unfortunately I think so because the application window has closed a month ago and it's been a very lengthy process of application selection and we only had a limited amount of seats for the group that would be able to just go as a group and whose assessment would be assessed.

Jamilya Kamalova: So the good thing about that will be open to everyone. So you don't have to be necessarily in that selected group that follows schedule, submit assessment. It will be open for everyone.

So if you're curious, if you want to learn, so there's no gatekeeping in that regard. yeah, I don't know if that answers your question. Kenny posted some updates and generally the curriculum developers they post updates in the forum thread on the delegator accelerator proposal and it's good place to check those updates but I think will be more communication coming in the upcoming weeks about the start of the program and also announcing people who were selected for this group and during previous calls we also spent quite some time explaining why we decided to

Jamilya Kamalova: go with that selected group and what was the selection lens very shortly it's aimed at existing delegates or people who are trying to get more involved in governance or more involved in delegation but haven't been able to do so for any reason. So that program is kind of focused on empowering existing delegates hopefully also bringing some of the new people

Jamilya Kamalova: yeah, anyone who works on this curriculum development program will be able to provide more updates. I think that I'm just getting carried away and I think it's good if we stop at accelerated program throughout our call. But short answer, sorry that it's not that short, is that you'll be able to audit this program and learn from that even if you weren't selected. so you want to jump on this question.

Ivey SEED Gov: Yeah, and thank you for the interest, but if we kind of open the applications again, that wouldn't mean, opening up for basically everyone and it's like 80 applicants. So, we decided to, close the list a couple of days ago. but as Junga said, the material is going to be open source, so you can definitely check that out for sure.

00:05:00

Ivey SEED Gov: And staying tuned if we get a renewal of the program in the future. But yeah, that's kind of the answer.

Jamilya Kamalova: Thank you Ivy for providing more context.

Jamilya Kamalova: I think I saw Zeptimus you had your hand raised as well. do you still have a question?

Zeptimus: I have a quick question. it's my first call here. happy to be here. But I see in the calendar there is true governance call today.

Zeptimus: I mean I'm assuming it's European and American TSON, but I just wanted to confirm Thank you so

Jamilya Kamalova: So they are aimed to be the same content wise.

Jamilya Kamalova: So there's no expectations for you to join both although you can because different people come to those calls. So sometimes conversations or questions could be quite different. But yes it's the same content the same updates.

Jamilya Kamalova: We just try to make sure that we cover different time zones so for whoever is more comfortable to come to the second call, they don't have to necessarily come to the earlier one. You're welcome and thank you so much for joining this call. Okay, so let's start with our GCRC updates if we don't have any other questions or concerns at this point. So very quickly as you know we also had quite a process and we received a lot of applications for both DCR and EGC and we are exceptionally just grateful

and happy to have so many qualified people to apply and being willing to work with working group and the existing growth council. so last week we announced that these elections have been finalized.

Jamilya Kamalova: we had veto period we didn't receive any vetos and both governance contribution working group and ecosystem growth council kicked off their work so they started their work and there will be updates from both the council and the working group shared in the public channels so as you can see Marlene already shared the first update just because the government contribution working group kick off was earlier so we are hoping to also see updates coming in as ecosystem growth council work progresses with some of the updates and hopefully once they have something to present to that I'll be able to invite them to the call and also share more details on the work done so far. Thank you Jean for linking the forum links. Okay, what I noticed that is very sad thing.

Jamilya Kamalova: I feel like if we have a very tranquil chill music half of Eugene during se second call I'm being put into this very tranquil like mellow but when I usually put some bangers and I'm not feeling energized at all but maybe you prefer a bit more slow especially for those who are in America it's very early in the morning so crazy but

Jamilya Kamalova: Please do keep those suggestions for songs coming because absolutely love them and we learned so many new songs and just new projects that we haven't even heard from. So let's take a look at the next thing that we have on our agenda unless we have any questions concerns for EGC or GCR. That is an intentional awkward pause and it's the August voting cycle is coming up and it's just a call to everyone to endorse the proposals to make sure that they are included if you believe that they should be included in the voting cycle.

Jamilya Kamalova: So the first one is Finn upgrade and Peter hearing team joined our call last week. So if you're interested you can check our recordings also there were some questions. So Peter provided some of the updates linking audit report too. So feel free to check that on the forum as well if you're interested. And yes feel free to endorse it if you feel like And we're hoping for this proposal to be included in August voting cycle. the next is community council. Similarly here there were some of the questions that Hen answered already. if you have any questions that are new that haven't been answered before, please feel free to check that and just do that as soon as possible because again August voting cycle is approaching.

Jamilya Kamalova: If you believe that this proposal should be included in the new voting cycle, please consider endorsing it. And you should find it on the forum and let me just in case also link all the links in the chat. whilst I'm doing that feel free to raise your hand if you have any more context to add on either community council or fem upgrade or any other proposals that you think should be included in the new voting cycle. So now it's the time to do that and thank you so much Eugene for licking all of that.

00:10:00

Jamilya Kamalova: Okay. yeah. Abby, go ahead.

Ivey SEED Gov: Hey guys, just a thought that popped up. for example, in the case that the community council proposal doesn't pass, do the approved local nodes still have their funding secured anyway? or they are kind of tied, one to the other. probably maybe it's somewhere in the proposal itself. But, yeah, just a thought.

Jamilya Kamalova: Yeah, I don't think that if potentially community council proposal doesn't get enough endorsements or not included in this voting cycle, I don't think it reflects negatively to the existing past local notes. but it might delay any new local notes being approved or any work that relates to facilitation.

Jamilya Kamalova: But I don't think unless Eugene you want to provide any more context on that if it's not being included in a voting cycle would reflect to existing local notes budget and operations.

Eugene Leventhal: Yeah, I think in that sense,...

Eugene Leventhal: exactly like you said, Jamila, if this council doesn't pass for whatever reason in this month, if it doesn't either get enough endorsements or it just doesn't clear the vote, that will purely kind of put in pause future local nodes and activities, but the three that have already been approved, I mean, they're already approved by the DAO, so they're not contingent on this. just this council forming would then be the clear kind of partner and accountability partner so to say for those local nodes. So if it doesn't get approved, then we just have to do it a little more informally through the foundation team between the community team and the governance team. But yeah, the hope is that we can address any concerns that people have around the community council.

Eugene Leventhal: That way we can make sure to both work as well as we can with the existing ones as well as to get a few other priority ones off the ground and not have to burden the whole DAO with feedback and voting on every single one.

Ivey SEED Gov: Yeah, perfect. that makes sense. Thank you guys for clarifying.

Jamilya Kamalova: If we don't have any other questions for community council or the upgrades, I suggest we move forward. So yeah, the next thing is creation cycle and we've had some of The first session we had a kickoff call. all of the recordings are up as usual. So you can check that. If you haven't participated, we highly encourage you to try. So, I'm going to stop here and hand it over to Eugene to give a bit more context on the first session and also I will send a link to harmonica section 2 in the chat just now. So, yes, it's an active open call. So, if you haven't interacted with harmonica before, harmonica team joined our calls last week.

Jamilya Kamalova: So you'll be able to see the overview, the presentation and we always welcome feedback. So feel free to try session number two even if you haven't tried the first one if you haven't been in our previous calls. We value your feedback. So the interaction itself and how do you feel the flow is going or the question etc.

Jamilya Kamalova: All that is very valuable to us. So yes handing it over to Eugene.

Eugene Leventhal: Thank you,...

Eugene Leventhal: Jamila. And sorry, I realize I did not have a chance to add one more proposal. I just wanted to quickly bring up which was the audi subsidy proposal which I guess sorry this is the audit and security subsidy proposal for those who remember this was brought up in the past. we were just kind of waiting to finalize it in terms of making sure we already had the ecosystem growth council in place. and so we're still kind of figuring out between the foundation team and the EGC who would own the review portion of this as who would own the review of which projects are getting approved and not getting approved for these subsidies.

00:15:00

Eugene Leventhal: but yeah, nonetheless, this is something that we think is pretty important, especially getting the audit subsidy part off the ground. we're hearing from a lot of the core startups and founders coming in that that would be tremendously helpful. we are also excited to see the security subsidy side of it as well in that marketplace form to kind of offer this much more robust environment for the scroll ecosystem. So yeah, from the foundation perspective, we are excited to see this one hopefully go to vote. I think I don't remember basically we would just need endorsements again. so if folks both for this one for the community council and yes I'll pass it off to you in a moment in case y'all want to add any color.

Eugene Leventhal: but for this one for the community council and for fineman upgrade just want to be very explicit that there is a concrete ask either give explicit feedback and things that you want to see changed before those go forward or please endorse them if you're comfortable with them. just to make sure that we don't have any issues heading into the next voting cycle come August 1st. So if folks have time before the end of the week to either give direct feedback or just signal that you are endorsing a concrete proposal that would be great. so yeah on that note I will pause and sum if you want to jump in please feel free soon.

Samater Mohamed: Thank you and hi everyone. so the proposal was kind of reliant as Eugene already mentioned on the ecosystem growth council forming and since they picked off yesterday we received a ton of feedback both on DMs that we sent to different delegates as well as on the forum and so we've integrated all of those comments and feedback and we'll be publishing a new proposal to later today that integrates all that feed back.

Samater Mohamed: So, feel free to share your feedback or endorse it if you think it's a good thing to have in the

Eugene Leventhal: Yeah. ...

Eugene Leventhal: if there are any concerns or questions that folks want to flag while we're together, please feel free to. yeah, otherwise we'll pause just to see again if there are any questions regarding the security and audit subsidy program or any of the other proposals that are likely to go to vote, which again would be community council and fineman upgrade. So yeah with that we can jump to CCC. Thank you. So just as a reminder creation cycle 3 started with the explicit intention of focusing on orc design for the DAO.

Eugene Leventhal: So trying to understand as we're getting the ecosystem growth council and proposing the community council right as we're sort of pushing or presenting rather these initial council ideas that are aligned with the priorities that were set going into CCC1 which again were ecosystem growth global community and governance iterations we do want to push and present the idea of doing councils for each of those but in addition to that we realize there's so much more activity going on either that's starting to percolate and happen or so much activity of things we could or should be doing and are not yet. So, this exercise of co-creation cycle 3 is very important to kind of work through all of this information. A very big thank you to everyone who parttook in harmonica session one and/or the workshop that took place last Monday or two days ago.

Eugene Leventhal: and yeah that was a very helpful start in terms of progressing towards this end goal of helping us get the information from the delegates in the community so that we can propose a more

focused org design. So right now we have this co-creation cycle or excuse me this harmonica session 2 that is currently open. we do ask that those who are able to on Thursday July 24th. So before midnight tomorrow UTC please do fill it out. It takes about 10ish to 15 minutes to go through kind of one of the specific programs. if you are so inclined or open to potentially doing it for multiple that's absolutely amazing. but no stress we know that can be difficult for folks.

00:20:00

Eugene Leventhal: So at least if you have 10 to 15 minutes to spare today, tomorrow doing this harmonica session would really help us make sure that we have the relevant information from all of you so that we can design the broader council structures with more confidence. We can always just do it ourselves but the whole point of having a DAO and not just the foundation team is so that we can make sure to get input from the community and reflect the interests of the community. so yeah this is effectively an AI kind of like a chat LLM style data input. So instead of just having a form which is very rigid this is meant to be much more interactive where you can push back on it. You can ask for clarifications you can tell it that hey I don't have more time or let's get into it's meant to be much more flexible. and we're already seeing with some of the inputs that we got from the first session.

Eugene Leventhal: This is a lot better than just having a form. We are definitely getting a degree of information that makes it much easier for us to work with and design from there. So, yeah, just wanted to make that call again. we are likely going to be DMing folks at some point today just to make sure people do. So, apologies if you are already doing it and I am DMing you on it, but just wanting to make sure that folks see it and have the chance.

Eugene Leventhal: and yeah, from here we have this harmonica session open through midnight tomorrow through midnight Thursday, July 24th. And then on Monday, July 28th, we're going to have another series of workshops. and going back to Zeptimus' question, whenever we have two calls in a day, they're almost always just for time zone availability. So for the Monday workshops, no expectation for folks to join twice. If you're able to join one, that's amazing. and the focus of the session on Monday is going to be kind of presenting that initial sketch of the org design of the councils and working groups based on all the feedback. and then we're going to spend that workshop getting feedback on it. if there's a lot of revision, then we'll spend time mostly revising it.

Eugene Leventhal: and if we can kind of align on the structure relatively quickly, then we're going to focus the rest of the time of starting to draft and articulate the specific metrics for each council. So that's kind of where we're headed. and then after that, once we're kind of done with the exercise, depending on how much time we have for metrics on Monday, we might ask to do one final harmonica session. we're going to have to kind of see how the workshops go on Monday before we make that call. so at most there will be one more harmonica session next week though it'll be on a slightly less condensed timeline just because that's the end point and that will inform the following step which is then on the governance team for Ja and I to then draft the proposals for the priority councils and working groups so that they can be included in the September 1st voting cycle.

Eugene Leventhal: and obviously so they're on the forum early enough to have sufficient feedback and endorsement before going up for proposal. So we're hoping that in the first two weeks of August we will be sharing the bulk or all of the requested or high priority councils or working groups So that is the main update on the co-creation cycle side. please let me know if there's any questions, thoughts, concerns, or

anything from your side, anything else that I can share. yeah, just please let me know if anyone was having issues or if folks already have feedback on harmonica. Any of that will be very helpful.

Eugene Leventhal: Yes, Matt,...

Eugene Leventhal: please. Yep. Mhm.

Matt Haynes: ...

Matt Haynes: I hope you can hear me. it's not so much feedback on harmonica. I've enjoyed using it and stuff. I'm wondering how honest people will be with it. just in terms of when we spoke to the guy, he explained that your comments are associated with your name, So, not that that's a bad thing. I get the whole you want people to have skin in the game, if there's their name there, then they're not going to just dick about or whatever. but there is something I really genuinely believe this and having experienced a lot of doubts.

00:25:00

Matt Haynes: particularly some of the ones I'm heavily involved in people being honest with their feedback and answers when their name is associated with something because there's always this reprisal or fear of like you've said something which is taken out of context and your name's right there and you can't hung by your own petard to speak. so I think it's good. I really enjoyed using it. I do think there's something to be said about you can still tie it to people, if that's really important. so I don't know how important that is actually ultimately. aside from pointing out, this person said this. I don't know if it really adds that much knowing exactly who said what.

Matt Haynes: but yeah, it makes me wonder how direct and honest somebody would be when they probably want to be more direct and honest, but they're a bit cautious of that.

Eugene Leventhal: Yeah, for sure.

Eugene Leventhal: And I appreciate you raising that. So, from that perspective, the name, right, we're not asking to validate the name. So you could put whatever you want there and remain totally anonymous. The logic of including the name was if someone is intensely adamant about a specific working group or council and seems to be expressing interest and potentially or not even directly expressing interest, right? Because that's not what's being asked here.

Eugene Leventhal: But part of it is meant to be so that if we see folks with very pointed feedback or in positive or negative directions about any of this, we just want to be able to follow up with those who do feel comfortable doing so I'm going through and trying to fill out as much as I can and all of my results will be public, but I get why some folks might not want to. So apologies if we're not stressing it clearly enough that you don't have to put your legal or known name from the ecosystem. you could absolutely just put 1 2 3 4 5 or whatever silly crypto name you want to come up with. but yeah, we're not requesting for solid confirmation even on are you a delegate that's purely self-report, right? We're just kind of hoping people are going to be honest just for data cleanliness reasons. but yeah, that's very much heard and we will want to be mindful of that.

Eugene Leventhal: So, we'll double check the language in it if we end up doing another session three just to make sure people are very clear with you do not have to put your name unless you want your results to be public. so, yeah, apologies from our side that I don't think we stress that enough.

Matt Haynes: No need to apologize, dude. I don't think it's not like this is an experiment, And it's only when you start doing these things, you kind of like, okay, that's like I hadn't even realized that was all in my head.

Matt Haynes: Until I was So, yeah, I think it's been great experiment. and yeah, cheers.

Eugene Leventhal: Yeah, I appreciate that.

Eugene Leventhal: Thank Yeah, and in general, right, whether it's I guess as we were just getting at with any of these new experiments, there's just always so much more to do or how to do it in a better way that makes people feel maximally comfort and likely to provide the information that is most useful. So yeah, this is absolutely evolving. So whether it's, a tiny use one word instead of another or a much bigger here's a fundamentally different flow or anything like that. yeah, please do feel free to share any of that kind of feedback. Right? We are partnering with Harmonica on this session on this co-creation cycle. but depending on what delegates think and how the in experience goes for folks, we may or may not choose to work with them in the future.

Eugene Leventhal: we're in this mindset of wanting to collaborate and experiment with as many interesting deliberative tools as possible. So yeah, as part of that, we did want to try this one and we thought it was a very neat fit into our objectives and goals here. but yeah, at the end of the day, any DAO tooling is going to be heavily influenced by y'all and the rest of the delegates in DAO. So, please be very direct and honest. then I know you might not feel comfortable doing so on a recorded call, but always do feel free to reach out to Jamila or I post on the forum or coordinate with us and we can figure out some more anonymous feedback routes if that is specifically of interest. but yeah, Ivy,

Eugene Leventhal: Please.

Ivey SEED Gov: Yeah, what I was going to say that I think the mural board is a perfect complement to the harmonica session. because I guess what we want to do now is just leverage that everything that was input in harmonica is reflected as well in the middle board otherwise I guess it's just the LLM taking some of the things that we said just into the conversation and just leveraging those. So I think they make a really good compliment.

00:30:00

Ivey SEED Gov: And I think the overall experience was good and actually made me think of how cool would it be to have a scroll dow specifically model where you can just ask I don't know how it got voted on this and...

Eugene Leventhal: Yeah. Yeah,...

Ivey SEED Gov: whatever right and that would be like I think the endgame for some sort of agent to help us out in governance. but I think the experiment itself was pretty cool. Yeah.

Eugene Leventhal:

Eugene Leventhal: I fully agree. And that's where, honestly, I've been wanting to do some experimentation with AI stuff since I think around February, but due to some budget changes within the foundation, we've kind of had to put a pause on that. but I know between Event Horizon and X23 AI, those are two groups that have been very excited to potentially collaborate with us on that front. in terms of getting actual I guess we can get into the semantics of whether or not they're fully agents or not, but just some kind of AI based companion of sorts that can help people navigate through personally I am less interested in fully offloading decision making to AIS but I am very interested in for sensemaking AI for better and more interactive data capture AI for helping understand

Eugene Leventhal: and just get a better flow going. or even I know one idea that's come up in chats that I've had is if you are going to go the more artificial delegate route can you do it more for simulation analysis and if you're about to post a proposal would it actually be useful if most of the delegates especially the biggest delegates all had some kind of AI digital twinish kind of actor not necessarily to literally vote on their behalf but to more be the equivalent of the code checker when you're writing code that it's automatically telling you of hey, you forgot a parenthesis and these issues are going to arise and whatnot. as you're drafting a proposal, if there could be hey, this delegate is really going to push back on the way you're writing this and high likelihood things like that. those could be interesting, I already have issues with the exact thing that I'm talking about and certain concerns.

Eugene Leventhal: So this isn't I think defining the lines of where we're okay with playing a role in governance and not is its own interesting question. but yeah, I'm also very keen on potentially working with the knowledge object infrastructure group which is led by Michael Zaram and Ellie Renie. and I think especially what they're building with Koi, can make for a tremendously interesting, like you were saying, the scroll, kind of AI knowledge base and be the thing that points to knowledge and can have consent structures of how more knowledge gets added and just something that's very robust and rigorous in that direction. I think theirs is also some very interesting work. So anyway, I'm starting to ramble. but

Eugene Leventhal: Yes, very much want that and I think we are going to propose a governance iteration council to have a dedicated budget for governance research and experimentation within the DAO and then run an AI RFP hopefully no later than sometime in September to just make sure that we can start getting some of these tools in And even something like when we were doing the mural board sessions, theoretically if we had, those AI transcript services, but they're actually plugged into something like harmonica, which can then be analyzing and contributing that data from live discussions. That could also be really interesting and increase the potential for deliberation, right?

Eugene Leventhal: If we all can be part of conversations and that is kind of getting factored into a broader deliberation, we can simultaneously have a lot more breakouts and hear a lot more voices than we can if we're asking everyone to kind of go turn in a group call. So anyway, I get very excited by this topic. More than happy to jam on it in the future if anyone wants to talk about it in more depth and we will absolutely be bringing up elements of this in the future. but yeah, I guess to come back to where we're at now. yeah, that was some of the logic for using harmonica was starting to experiment in that deliberative support direction. but yeah, I guess also doing a time check. I know we have roughly 20 minutes left in the call. I believe the CCC was the last part of our official agenda for the call. So happy to sorry.

00:35:00

Eugene Leventhal: Yeah, delegate training update. So, I will pause there and actually let me see does anyone have any other questions, thoughts, concerns on Otherwise, I will pass it back to coordinate on the updates for delegate training. Sounds good. So, as a reminder, we'll follow up with the links. will try to the delegate groups and I guess if you are a delegate and you are not aware of our group delegate chat and...

Eugene Leventhal: you missed the message that was being exchanged in chat please ping Jamila or I but yeah with that let me pass back to you Jamila

Jamilya Kamalova: Thank you.

Jamilya Kamalova: Yes, I think we covered pretty much everything on delegate training at the start of the call, but I just wanted to also just provide an opportunity to ask any questions or maybe any additional context from people who are on the call and who are involved in the curriculum development. From my side, it's really great to see just so many people working on the contents that would be delivered soon and there are a lot of topics that I have no idea about and I work in governance so I'm very very curious to also audit it and be during those sessions and just learn especially things that are relating to more technical side of governance.

Jamilya Kamalova: So that should be so exciting. And for those who have applied but weren't selected for the group to participate in a smaller group or didn't apply first time hearing about it. that's all right because as we said it will all be available. So timeline wise it's a little bit tricky at the moment because there's just so many things that have to just align. But I think the tentative date start of the week zero would have to be at the very start of August. And we were providing updates on our previous calls. There were different reasons why for example application process was a bit delayed. because first of all we received quite a big number for just a small delegate training program.

Jamilya Kamalova: And it's amazing to see so many people eager to learn about scroll or get involved more in squirrel governance. But the truth is there were just a lot of applications a lot of also parallel events. So we had to make sure that we schedule it around that people have availability and previously we mentioned that now we are actively doing CCC 3. So it was also decided that it would be best to kind of separate those two to make sure that delegates who are interested in governance who are actively contributing so that they would have time basically because we do recognize that there are other things in delegates lives aside from scroll governance.

Jamilya Kamalova: So that was one of the things yeah and perhaps anyone who wants to ask any questions or maybe from curriculum side if you guys want to provide any context Tina go ahead.

Tino SEED Gov: Hey Jamaica, thank you. And you mentioned the technical content and have been developing the week that is basically the heavy technical one. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to launch the program because we have worked a lot and I think that is quite comprehensive. and if you participate on the program, you are going to have a really comprehensive vision about not only scroll because I mean we are focused on scroll obviously and all the things that we talk about that related with us but I think that the best thing of this program is that it's going to give you a broader vision on how governance work

Tino SEED Gov: and how to be a great delegate. No, because we cover so many things that if you follow this program, I'm sure that you are going to be a great delegate. So, all in all, really looking forward to see this program out and...

Tino SEED Gov: happy to be part of this

Jamilya Kamalova: Sounds exciting.

Jamilya Kamalova: I'm looking forward to it myself. Matt

00:40:00

Matt Haynes: So, I've been actually Tino, huge shout out to you, mate. I've been peer reviewing your work for week three. and I have to say, I think everyone's going to really appreciate what Tino and the guys that have put together at CG really good. So, Tino Ivy, hats off to you lads. I think you really set a good standard there. and I'm sure the other delegates are at a similar level as well. But I heard Nick and I can bring our own flavor too. So yeah, I think this is such a really amazing initiative. Now I've started to see the work come together. and then the evergreen nature of the content as well. I feel like it's not just some contextual time temporal based piece of information. These are things that I really wish I had had 5 years ago. I mean some of that tech didn't exist then but just in general the foundation it provides.

Matt Haynes: if I'd had that five years ago, game changer. I think if a lot of people had that five years ago, I think a lot of the messes we're in right now actually might have been avoided. don't know that's a bit maybe hyperbolic, but I do think that, these are the kind of resources that have just really ever existed in crypto as far as I can tell. So, yeah, props J. Really appreciate your work and really looking forward to the course.

Jamilya Kamalova: And I can only join in saying how great it is to see so many people who are so talented and passionate about what they do kind of just create content and share the knowledge between the peers. So we do recognize that there will be different levels or familiarity with governance in general and those who will be joining us who have very little governance background they would have to do a bit more like homework and prep just looking into materials. But the good thing is that all of the materials are accessible. There will be program coordinators that you'll be able to reach out and the live sessions are meant to digest those contents together.

Jamilya Kamalova: So I think we've mentioned that several times before that the aim is not to do the Corsera course where you can just have it somewhere in the background or in form of a podcast lecture. So the aim is that you do the homework so to speak or just prepare yourself do the readings or watch those videos or whatever content there will be for a particular week and then during the live sessions you'll be able to unpack it deeper and be able to ask questions. So it's not going to be just one-sided lecture where someone comes in and tells you what to do. It will be more like a collaborative conversation or at least we'll hope so. That would allow people to get more context and just even try and test out things during live sessions. yeah all of those things also will be recorded and shared.

Jamilya Kamalova: so for whoever is interested you would be able to just do it async and watch it whenever you have time but for those who will be selected in the group more information will be communicated soon but generally there will be an expectation to join those live sessions and more details on the awards the process the weeks you can read in our proposals whether that is on the forum and I'm going to send the link to the Fred I think Eugene shared that earlier already, but just in case and you'll be able to see that also as a proposal on Agora if you're curious to just inform yourself a little bit better on that. I don't have anything else to add other than stay tuned for more updates. but I'm going to pause here

in case anyone has any topics, questions, something we haven't discussed that now it's a good time to do that.

Jamilya Kamalova: Tina, please.

Tino SEED Gov: Since we have new people here, I think that it's a good idea to mention your podcast.

Jamilya Kamalova: You're too kind.

Jamilya Kamalova: Thank you. yes. shall we self-promote ourselves at

Eugene Leventhal: Why not?

Eugene Leventhal: Especially if prompted to do so. Why not do some shameless plugging? Yeah. So, we now have this governance futures podcast. The third episode will be coming out tomorrow. we hosted the first episode was with Eric Alol. The second was with Angela Walsh. Tomorrow's episode is with Ellie Renie. so yeah, we're starting off with a lot more of this kind of theory around governance and setting that kind of tone for the rest of the season. And we're going to be getting into specific episodes with folks like the ZKYNC governance team and talking about their more technical approach. talking to the butter team and f about futarchy, talking to Puja Oliver around community currencies and community notes.

00:45:00

Eugene Leventhal: So yeah, we're going to be having a lot of different discussions ranging from more purely theoretical or researchoriented as well as kind of directly talking to different builders in the space. And I think we have already scheduled with the tally team with who else? Aragon team and with a bunch of others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. So yeah, we're going to be talking to both folks in web 3. You're also going to notice occasionally folks outside of web 3 or who may not be as well known because they're not as much on the tooling operator side. They're more just folks plugging away at theory. So yeah, we're really excited about it.

Eugene Leventhal: We're also open for any feedback or suggestions if folks have it cuz at the end of the day we're kind of doing this as a way to help us coordinate a lot of conversations that are very relevant for our own research and thinking as we roadmap the future of governance at scroll. but it's obviously not just specific to that and it's much more about this broader exploration. So yeah, please let us know if you ever think there's anyone in particular you'd want to hear from. We definitely have some dream guests and are trying to get more and more ambitious with that.

Eugene Leventhal: But yeah, so We also might end up doing something live at dev connect on it which is very much TBD. We have not gotten around to planning that. yeah, I don't know. What a mess.

Jamilya Kamalova: I think you covered it pretty well.

Jamilya Kamalova: We launched it couple weeks ago and as you said our first episode was with Eric Hston and I feel like the first guests are both practitioners and academics. So we tried to map out some of the principles theory and now we will be moving forward with just interviewing our peers other people involved in governance or just service providers.

Jamilya Kamalova: So I think it will be very interesting to see other points of view from other dials are that exist amongst other L2s. So hopefully that will be entertaining for you guys and we do have kind of a signature thing where we ask in a quiz form questions and we ask only one worded answer. so I enjoy that. That is the fun part of our podcast where we just tell those questions without revealing them before the recording. In any case, Tina, you're very kind. Thank you so much for mentioning that. And if you're interested, we would appreciate follow or retweet, whatever that might be. And as you mentioned, any recommendations in regards to just general structure of the podcast or any guest recommendations, super appreciate it.

Eugene Leventhal: Yes. ...

Eugene Leventhal: let us know if you have anything else for now. Otherwise, we can wrap a couple minutes early. Think there might still be one from a previous call.

Jamilya Kamalova: I have a suggestion for a song for the next session and...

Jamilya Kamalova: I might have missed it. if you could put a suggestion, do you mind just doubling it in delegate chat? thank you guys.

Eugene Leventhal: I have to double check our list. Think I remember at least one or two artists. Yeah, I see one or two artists that were suggested to us that we will get something going for the next one.

Jamilya Kamalova: It seems like there's not many questions, but you have seven minutes left. We don't intend to hold you longer than necessary. We do have a second call coming. So, consider join if you want to, but no obligation whatsoever. The next CCC3 session workshop will be on Monday 28th. So, a quick CTA, please fill out this section number two before tomorrow night. yeah, thank you so much. I don't know. I feel like today we're a little bit in a very slow, chill vibe where sometimes we let's get cracking. Let's just go through a gender quick.

00:50:00

Jamilya Kamalova: But today we're in a bit of a more mellow vibe and I like that.

Eugene Leventhal: It definitely feels like that kind of week.

Eugene Leventhal: But yeah, thank you all so much. Have a good rest of the day wherever you are in the world.

Jamilya Kamalova: Thank you guys for joining. Bye-bye.

Ivey SEED Gov: By the way,

Matt Haynes: Just

Meeting ended after 00:50:50 🙌

This editable transcript was computer generated and might contain errors. People can also change the text after it was created.