Big Sky Build It! MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
As a Build It! mentor I agree to:
- Attend all of my scheduled hours as shown on my internship contract.
- Call Michael at 428-7575 (put this number in your phone now) with as much advanced notice as possible if sick, abducted by aliens, or have some other serious reason for not coming. If more than 10 minutes late or if I miss a day, I may forfeit my stipend.
- Bring my own snack and lunch each day. I understand I will have a designated 30 minute lunch break and one other break that I will arrange with my lead teacher. I will not consume highly sugared or caffeinated foods or beverages in front of campers. They can’t so we don’t.
- Take direction from the lead teacher, site manager, lead mentor, and director.
- Be conscious of camper safety at all times. Abide by all safety rules presented at the trainings.
- Take responsibility for cleanliness and order of workshops, play areas, and storage areas. This applies even if you did not make the mess.
- Wear clean, un-torn, and appropriate clothing and wear Big Sky T Shirts all days except Thursday which is “Dress Up Day”. I will not wear shirts with logos (other than Big Sky shirts). I will only wear closed toe shoes and long pants, to comply with OSHA safety standards.
- Arrive rested, clear headed, and well fed.
- Understand that arriving under the influence of intoxicating substances (including but not limited to marijuana, alcohol, and energy drinks (Red Bull, Monster, etc) will result in the immediate termination of my internship at Big Sky, notification of parents, and notification of appropriate authorities. Arriving “hung over” from use of such substances will result in same consequences. Big Sky Learning reserves the right to enforce random drug screening.
- Not smoke at camp, off camp grounds, or arrive smelling of smoke.
- Not to discuss teen or adult content gaming, movies, music, etc. around the campers.
- Refrain from the use of personal electronics when working with campers (unless approved by director).
- Model responsible and intelligent behavior to campers.