SGA Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
12:00 p.m. CE 101
Call to Order:
Approval of Minutes:
Basketball moved to approve the minutes. Women’s soccer seconded the motion. Motion passed.
President – Tam Nguyen (email@example.com)
- Last week, we were supposed to have the Safety and General Information Forums on both Tuesday and Wednesday, but it only took place on one day due to the inclement weather. With so many concerns about parking, the discussion went on almost an hour, so we did not have time for the Safety Video and safety discussion. Students respectfully spoke out their concerns, and the concerns were acknowledged by the parking manager, Barry Moore. Hopefully there will be some positive changes.
- Safety Forum will be possibly rescheduled.
Vice President – Sean Glaser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- There were few complaints regarding Campus Police Officers using personal cell phones while on duties.
- Allocations committee will meet to discussion about North Star News’s proposal for Spring 2014.
Secretary – Taylisha Anderson-Clark (email@example.com)
- Minutes posted on SGA page in LSC4ME within 1 week of SGA meetings.
- Agendas posted before meetings. If you haven’t already joined the SGA page in LSC4ME, you’ll need to do that to view agendas and minutes.
- Sign in at every meeting- will be given out 5-10 minutes before the end of the meetings
- Announcements – MUST use announcement form and indicate club names.
Parliamentarian – David Pham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The meetings run according Robert Rules of Order. I am watching to make sure that whoever wants to speak is acknowledged by the president and called in order.
- DAAG has officially been approved/recognized.
A-Team President – Luisa Salinas (email@example.com)
- A-Team Meeting - February 10th & 24th, March 24th, April 7th & 28th -11:45am – SC206 (above cafe)
- T-shirts are in for A-Team members, but you must participate in 2 events and attend next 2 meetings in order to earn an A-Team shirt. T-shirts are to be worn on event days. Active member can pick up their shirts in the Student Center office.
• Upcoming Events:
Thursday, February 13th – Stuff a Bear - 11am-1pm –Student Center
($3 per bear which will be going towards a charity)
Monday, February 17th – Foosball Tournament – 3pm – Student Center
Night School Representative –Vacant
- We are in need of 1 night school, 1 Greenspoint and 2 Victory center representatives. If you are interested, please go the “Documents” section, look for “SGA 2013-14 Officer Application,” fill it out and bring it to Dan Mitsven’s office (SC202).
Victory Center Representative – Vacant
Greenspoint Center Representative – Michael Horner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Read By President due to the Greenspoint Representative’s absence)
• Upcoming Events (Greenspoint Center):
Wednesday, February 12th- Stuff a Bear – 12am-1pm
Thursday February 20th- Soul Food Tasting 11am-1pm
Staff Advisor - Dan Mitsven (email@example.com)
- No funds will be given if the club does not make effort in attending SGA General Meetings.
- LEAD! Series begins next Friday. Sessions are Friday, February 14(receive book, meet and greet), Friday, February 21(facilitator Del Suggs), and Friday, March 7(last two portions of book by Matt Tenney). All sessions run from 9:00am-3:15pm. Participants do not have to sign up in advance. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
If participants complete all three sessions, you will receive a certificate at the last session. Dan encouraged students to participate.
- Make sure you’re posting your meetings and events in LSC4ME. A lot of students stop by Student Life office to inquire about clubs. We directed them to LSC4ME because everything should be in there. If it’s not on your page, we probably don’t know about it.
• Food & Drink in the Student Center – People have been leaving their food/drink trash out in the room.
It is almost to the point where food and drink will be banned, usually for a month or two.
- 1st deadline for reserve funds has passed. Allocations committee will meet next Tuesday at 2:30pm in SC 206
Faculty Advisor – Dr. Shae Adkins (Shae.J.Adkins@lonestar.edu)
- Another application for a Registered Student Organization at our satellite campuses (Greenspoint & Victory). Emerging clubs will meet and go over it’s proposal.
• No Old Business
• No New Business
- Open discussion permitted and encouraged. No issues or concerns discussed.
- To get the word out better for your clubs and organizations, David highly suggested that clubs should sign-up for ad space, assign a liaison for North Star News to notify events that your club may have. Your liaison will be placed into a raffle every month for free ad space. Purchasing ad space is also available in details on Northstarnews.net
Basketball moved to adjourn the meeting. Student Nurses seconded the motion. Motion passed.