Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Special Meeting
08.03.2015 at 6:30pm – Online
BOD Approved 08.24.15
Mon, Aug 3, 2015 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM MDT
- Call to Order at 6:38
- Roll Call: Nate Seeley, Julie Bell, Tamia Hurst, Chad Fish, Kathy Stemmler, Julie Suckla, Josh Warriner Executive Director, Susan Likes Business Manager
- Executive Director (Specific Time – i.e. 6:40 – 7:30)
- Approval of Parent Handbook;
- Discussion about the use of mandated testing language in the handbook and adding language to clarify. Julie Bell moved to approve the Parent Handbook as corrected, Kathy Stemmler 2nd and Motion Carried unanimously.
- Review Updated 15-16 Master Calendar
- Discussion about the number of contact days being 171 rather than 175 to accommodate the remodeling schedule.
- Building and Location Committee (7:30-9:30)
- Approval of lease agreements
- Nate moved to approve lease agreement as written by Bill Bethke for 18 N. Beech. Chad 2nd, motion carried unanimously.
- Kathy moved to approve the lease agreement provided by Deborah Campbell for 25 N. Beech upon review and approval by Bill Bethke. Julie Bell 2nd, motion carried unanimously.
- Updates on construction
- Discussion / Update on status of project vs. budget
- Discussion about the additional costs for health department requirements, bathrooms, kitchen and heating system. The budget for entire the project was approved in the general budget to provide for a functional learning environment. The buildings will be upgraded for bathrooms, heating & cooling, sound barriers, paint, and a kitchen.
- Nate moved to approve capital expenditures of up to $70,000 for the remodel of 25 N. Beech and 18 N. Beech with up to $18,000 for radiant heating tubes and a/c, as needed, if the grant will not pay for a removable heating system estimated at $27,400. Julie Bell 2nd, and motion carried unanimously.
- Review status on contract with Jeff Booton.
- Nate moved to approve an amendment to Jeff Booten’s contract for up to 7 weeks within the $70,000 budget. Chad 2nd, Motion carried unanimously.
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President
- Nate moved to adjourn, Chad 2nd, motion carried unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 9:36pm.