Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Activities Coordinator - Job Description
Jan 18, 2012
Responsible to: Executive Director (ED)
The Worship Lead will oversee the coordination and administration of the Wroship and Arts program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the worship during chapel for all youth summer camps.
- Plan crafts for each day!
- Plan movie making activity
- Plan video or podcast for chapel sessions
- Develop an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the chapel sessions and to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure all technology requirements are met and staffed appropriately including
- Projection system - lyrics, power point, video etc.
- Sound system - band, puppets, canned music, speaker etc.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records of campers for statistical and ministry purposes
Staffing the ministry
- Ensure that all leaders and speakers are fully informed
- Delegate preparation and leading responsibilities related to worship activities
- Assign tasks and equip staff to prepare and lead tasks
Leading the ministry
- Spiritually care for and lead worship arts staff
- Ensure Chapel space is clean and prepared for next chapel or activity.
- Ensure Chapel Cast is updated twice daily
- Lead worship and prepare worship space
Control the program
- Ensure that the activities operate within the approved budget
- Monitor the Program on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- completion or working towards a degree in a related subject
- Knowledge of program management and camping ministry
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Minimum 1 year experience in a related field
- The Worship Lead will be on site for all assigned programming.
- Room and board will be provided once available.