Baker Assistant/Cake Decorator (part-time) - Are you creative, truly passionate about the craft of baking and obsessively attentive to details? Do you enjoy working as a team and would you like to be a part of an up and coming bakery? We are looking for you!
The successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who works well in any environment. Ideal candidate should be efficient inside the kitchen, a great multitasker, works well as a team and can take on the responsibilities as the lead baker when needed. Able to follow recipes and love baking from scratch. Items may include, cupcakes, cookies, cakes, buttercream, etc.
Exceptional cake decorating experience is a plus, but not mandatory. However, assistant should know all the basic cake decorating skills such as frosting, cake torting, piping and borders.
Brief Job Summary:
- Assist and help in the preparation and production of products by company specifications and instructions in the time frame
- Mix ingredients in order to prepare cookies, cupcakes, cakes and other bakery prepared goods
- Produce and apply decorations on bakery products under supervision
- Fill and maintain presentation stock
- Stock or sell products
- Help in the bakery or customer service when required
- Ensure that the clients are served in a friendly and efficient manner
- Get delivery date and ensure that documents comply with requests
- Receive deliveries and verify that the delivered goods match weight and shapes mentioned in the catalogue
- Assist and help in inventory-taking
- Provide services to meet a high level of customer satisfaction
- Manage spoilage, turnovers and inventory of stocks and goods
- Plan promotions and strategies to generate growth in sales
- Clean, maintain and make simple repairs to machinery and equipment used in bakery
In relation to equipment and materials:
- Responsible for cleaning the equipments used in baking process
- Responsible for organizing the products which are in the process of preparation for the baker
- Responsible for maintaining the standard in terms of sales and quality
- Responsible for packaging, labeling and merchandising bakery products
- Responsibility over goods inventory and internal ordering
- Responsible for displaying products to ensure maximum impact, being aware of customer needs and behavior
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and clean appearance, with respect to food hygiene
Assignment / Approval of work:
Gets direct instructions and approval from head baker and bakery supervisor's, office assistants or managers.
Education and Experience required:
- Certificate or diploma from trade school
- Working experience in a bakery
- General knowledge of mixing and pastry production will be considered an advantage
Skills and abilities required:
- The candidate must be able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate verbally, and understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Technical skills in preparation and handling of all kind of bakery products
- Ability to handle weight up to 15 kg
- Able to break down and reassemble equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
- Ability to use large ovens, production guides, automatic production lines, mixers, forms for bakery products, proof boxes, bakery scale / printer and hot cases
The position is part-time (10-30 hours a week) with the potential of becoming full-time. For an immediate response, please send a copy of your resume. Sending pictures of your work is a plus, but not required. Please no phone calls.
CLICK HERE APPLY FOR THIS JOB