Adding people to “My Contacts” in a GAFE account
NOTE: Use Google Chrome as your web browser.
STEP 1 – Navigate to the Contacts area of your nlesdonline GAFE account.
One way is via contacts.google.com .
A second way is via the “Gmail” area of your account. In the Mail drop-down menu (top left), choose Contacts.
A third way is via drive.google.com . Click on the “waffle” icon and then the Contacts icon.
STEP 2 – One way to add someone to My Contacts:
(1) Click on My Contacts.
(2) Click on the icon.
(3) Type in an email address.
(4) Click Add (or hit “enter”).
STEP 3 – A second way to add someone to My Contacts:
(1) Click on New Contact.
(2) Type in an email address.
(3) Click Add (or hit “enter”).
STEP 4 – A third way to add someone to My Contacts is via the Directory:
(1) Click on the Directory.
(2) Type in a name in the search bar.
(3) Click on the search symbol (or hit “enter”).
(4) If there is only one person in the Directory with that name, the screen below will appear.
Click on the “star” under the person’s name. (Note: The “starred” designation for the individual
can be easily removed afterwards.)
(5) If there is more than one person in the Directory with the name you search: (i) Check the box next to the person you want to add (ii) Click on Add to My Contacts
(6) You can also search the Directory by first or last name. For example, you’re looking for someone named “Julia” but her last name momentarily escapes you. Search for “Julia” and (i) scroll through the names. You may have to (ii) select another page.