1. Socrative: Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
2. Planboard (@Planboard) - Lesson planning made easy for teachers. Align with standards and collab
3. Smore (@SmorePages): Spread the word online, as easy as making a flyer.
4. Book Creator App (@bookcreatorapp): The simple way to create beautiful books on your tablet (iOS & android)
5. Screenhero (@screenhero): collaborative screensharing
6. Code.org (@codeorg): learn to code!
7. #nprwit Women in Tech Women in tech, podcast series
8. stem2o - Watch out for, the soon to be launched, STEM2O platform, that is a simple but powerful, standards-aligned content authoring tool that helps teachers re-kindle students’ interest in math and science. With STEM2O publishers, subject experts and teachers can easily build powerful interactive tools that brings the power of learning pattern analysis and big data to learning and teaching STEM.
9. Aurasma (@aurasma): Augmented reality
10. Educanon (@educanon123): make a “flipped classroom” video interactive
11. EDpuzzle (@EDpuzzle): make a “flipped classroom” video interactive and add your own voice
12. Glean Insights (@teamglean): Assign #flipclass lessons & follow students progress / viewing habits. See when / where students have skipped around in video.
13. Alchemy Learning (@AlchemyLearning): cloud-based, data-driven learning & curriculum management tools for teachers and schools. Alchemy recently released SmartBinder Flip (beta), the free, cloud-based lesson binder which allows teachers to build and deliver digital lessons and capture valuable feedback on class engagement and understanding. SmartBinder Collaborate, SmartBinder Engage, and SmartBinder Teams are presently in private-beta.
14. Kahoot (@GetKahoot): Game based learning response system
14. Reddit: “the front page of the internet”
15. TheVerge: spend 5 mins a day to get a read on what’s happening in tech
16. Google Open Gallery: Powerful free tools for artists, museums, archives and galleries; must apply, takes about 2 weeks
17. BlogTalkRadio w NormatNite: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/normatnite
18. PearDeck (@PearDeck): interactive presentation, lesson building, & assessment tool for teachers in 1:1 classrooms