United States History Syllabus
United States History
Crisis: Civil War
Quest: The Old West and the Great War
Leadership: Twenties through World War II
Challenge: Post World War II
- Reading assignments must be outlined in one color of pen and class notes written in using a different color of pen.
- Homework questions and worksheets must be answered using blue or black pen. Section Review Questions and Chapter Review Questions may all be answered on the same page but they must be labeled according to the page number of the assignment. All questions must be answered in complete sentences.
- All work must be kept in a three-ring binder designated for United States History only and will be graded on test days for a quiz grade.
- All in-class grading will be completed in green ink.
25%-Homework graded for accuracy and completion.
25%-Quizzes may be scheduled or given at random.
50%-Tests and Projects will be scheduled.
This semester long project will be broken down into the following parts and will consists of Four TEST Grades by the end of the semester:
Early American Events Paper (Test Grade)--
- September 19, 2016: Project Board Topic Chosen
- September 26-30, 2016: In-class workdays
- October 5 2016: Paper Due
Early American Events Craft (Test Grade)--
- October 13, 2016: In-class workday
- October 19, 2016: In-class workday
- October 26, 2016: In-class workday
- November 2, 2016: In-class workday
- November 7, 2016: Craft Due
Civil War Dish (Test Grade)--
- November 16, 2016: Recipe Chosen
- November 23, 2016: Dish Due for Thanksgiving Party
Early American Events Project Board (Test Grade)--
- November 16, 2016: In-class workday
- November 30, 2016: In-class workday
- December 8, 2016: In-class workday
- December 9, 2016: Entire Project Due and Class Presentations