Animal Control

The Freetown Police Department does not handle animal control issues unless there is an immediate danger to persons or animals.


Animal Control is under the supervision of the Board of Health. Animal Control Officer(s) handles animal issues pertaining to stray/loose/nuisance dogs, dog bites, loose livestock, rabid animals, and other animal complaints.  Animal Control Officer(s) are on-call only and can be reached through the Communication Center.


Animal Control Officer(s) do not handle wildlife animals (squirrel, raccoon, woodchuck, bird, etc) in your home. Please refer those calls to Exterminators or Problem Animal Control Agents that can be found in the yellow pages of your phonebook.


To speak with an animal control officer(s), please contact the Communication Center at (508)-763-4017 or email at