CAGEMATCH | Fridays at 9pm in the Studio
Entertain and engage a Friday night crowd with short bursts of high-energy and hilarious ensemble improvisation through a fast-paced “competitive” format featuring independent, local teams.
ACTS ARE EXPECTED TO...
- Publicize Cagematch to your fan base and beyond. While IB supplements your efforts with additional marketing, you are responsible for bringing the house (and the votes!)
- Arrive at the IB Green Room one half-hour before showtime (i.e. 8:30pm)
- Prepare for two sets, nine and seven minutes in length, respectively.
- Avoid monologues/high-concept sets and gratuitous content; Cagematch shows should be accessible to all.
- Return the following week if you win the vote.
- Have fun (seriously).
- Introduction by hosts. Teams will be called out to the stage.
- Returning champions automatically perform third in the lineup.
- Team Captains of the two new teams compete in Best-2-out-of-3 Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide show order. Winner decides to go first or second.
- First team performs 9-minute set.
- Second team performs 9-minute set.
- Returning Champions perform 9-minute set.
- First team performs 7-minute set.
- Second team performs 7-minute set.
- Returning Champions perform 7-minute set.
- All teams perform TOGETHER in a fast-paced longform jam while the votes are tallied.
- The hosts announce the new champion.
- Smaller teams tend to do better with the CageMatch crowd. If you have a rotating cast, keep this in mind.
- Keep your “get” simple and dive right into improv. The producers will explain the format to the crowd.
- If you are the less-experienced team, choose to go first if possible. Trust us, it’s in your interest.