Mohammed Shahidul Islam
2612 W Heiman St,
Apt# B-35, Nashville
Cell: +1615-554-1512; +8801710510106 (For BD)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
It is my cherished desire to be a well esteemed teacher as well as to conduct time demanding research in the field of chemistry for the betterment of human life and nation and also to form a research friendly surroundings. I believe in thinking and researching before applying.
1. Current Graduate Student (2015), Degree-MS, Department of Chemistry, Tennessee State University, USA.
2. MS (Thesis), Received in December 2013, Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
3. BS, Received in 2011, Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
4. HSC (Science), Cox’s Bazar Govt. College, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
5. SSC (Science), Eidgah Adarsha Shiksha Niketon, Eidgong, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
1. Mohammed Mizanur Rahman,1 Sanjida Afrin,1 Papia Haque,1 Md. Minhajul Islam,1 Mohammed Shahidul Islam,1 and Md. Abdul Gafur2, Preparation and Characterization of Jute Cellulose Crystals-Reinforced Poly(L-lactic acid) Biocomposite for Biomedical Applications, IJCE,Vol 2014, Article ID 842147,
2. Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, Md. Minhajul Islam • Asaduz Zaman • Md. Shahidul Islam • Mubarak A. Khan • Physico-chemical characteristics of gamma-irradiated gelatin, Prog Biomater (2014) 3:21
3. Mohammed Shahidul Islam, Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, Development and In-Vivo Application of Collagen Based Wound Healing Gel, IJCE (Accepted)
1. Graduate Teaching Assistant, Jan 2015 to Present, Dept. of Chemistry, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, USA
-Delivering lectures, assist undergraduate students in lab work, grade homework, upload grades and prepare final result sheet.
2. Lecturer, May 2013 to Present (on Study Leave) Dept. of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Noakhali Science & Technology University, Bangladesh
-Delivering lectures, conducting laboratory classes, curriculum review and student counseling and supervision.
3. Assistant Student Advisor, 2014-2015, Noakhali Science and Technology University.
Presentations (Poster and Oral):
1. Mohammed Shahidul Islam, Wejdan Shaban, Mohammad Al-Masum, Pd-Cu dual catalyzed C(sp3)-H activation and cross-coupling with organotrifluoroborates, Chemistry Day-2015, TSU, USA
2. Mohammed Shahidul Islam. Mubarak A. Khan, Development and In-Vivo Application of Gelatin Based Wound Healing Gel. International Conference on Physics for human life, Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission, Bangladesh
1. Well trained in Analytical tools and techniques such as NMR, GC-MS, LC-MS. FTIR, HPLC, TLC, UV, Plate reader, Digital Viscometer, Column Chromatography etc.
2. Gathered good knowledge on ChemDraw ultra 7.0, Excel, MS word, PPT etc.
1. One month long certificate training on Graduate Teaching Techniques, Graduate Training Institute, BAU, Bangladesh.
2. 4 weeks long training on unit processes and unit operations, Training Institute for Chemical Industries, Narsingdi, Bangladesh.
3. Eastern Refinery Limited, Chittagong, Bangladesh
4. Karnaphuli Paper Mills Limited, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
5. Usmania Glass Sheet Factory Limited, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
6. Chittagong Urea Fertilizer Factory Limited, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
7. Godnail Water Treatment Plant, Narayangonj, Bangladesh
8. Bangladesh Insulator and Sanitary ware Factory Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
9. One month long In-plant training, Urea Fertilizer Factory Limited, Bangladesh
· Organizer of BSA ( Bangladesh Student Association, TSU) Executive committee-2015
· Member, Chemistry graduate student association of Tennessee State University, 2015-2016
· Founder Member, Hope of NSTU, Noakhali Science & Technology University, Bangladesh.
· General Secretary, Azeotrope, Floc of Applied Chemists and Chemical Enggs. F. H. Hall. University of Dhaka, 2011-2013
· General Secretary, Fusion Forum-2002, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, 2010-2012
· Member, BADHON, a free blood donation organization, F. H. Hall, University of Dhaka.
· Member, F. H. Hall Debating Club and Dhaka University Debating Club, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2006-2010