One Classy Dish Recipe
HEALTHY TURKEY & SPINACH MEATBALLS
1. In a food processor, add diced onions, chopped squash, spinach, garlic, & parsley. Pulse until fine.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add turkey, spinach puree from processor, bread crumbs, & all seasonings. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Using a large spoon, scoop turkey mixture & roll into an even ball. Place on foil.
3. Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs & brown on all sides.
2-3 minutes on each side.
4. In a large pot, bring your favorite marinara sauce to a boil. I personally like a homemade sauce or Trader Joe's Three Cheese Marinara. Stir the meatballs into the sauce, cover & simmer on low for 20 minutes.
5. When sauce is done, toss with cooked spaghetti & serve warm.
This recipe can be modified to your food needs. If you want to make this a Paleo approved, Whole30, or Gluten Free dish, you can remove the breadcrumbs & use spaghetti squash or zucchini in place of the pasta. I like these meatballs with or without the spinach, the zucchini holds in the moisture & still makes for a great meatball. You can also use fresh herbs which will make this dish even more delicious! If you want to add some heat add a 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. If use no pepper at all if spicy is not your thing ;)