Greensboro AA News & Events - 26MAY2017
Below are some of the posts on NC23.org, the website of District 23 of AA in Greensboro, NC. Visit our mobile-friendly site for a meeting finder, news, events, and more. Got news for us? Let us know via Contact Us or email email@example.com.
- Intergroup Office is closed on Monday, May 29.
- The Daytime Group will meet on Monday, May 29, at Westminster Presbyterian Church on Friendly Ave.
- Founders’ Day Picnic - June 11, 2017 - 12:00PM-5:00PM - Bur-Mill Park – Shelter #2
Please bring drinks, chips, or a dessert. Hamburgers & hot dogs will be provided as well as drinks. Families welcome. There will crafts and games for children. There will also be games for the adults with prizes! If you are interested in doing some service work, set-up starts at 10:00 AM!
- This Sunday, 5/28, we will be having our monthly panel at Language of the Heart. The topic this month is “Medications and Recovery.” We will have some panel members that have experience with relapsing on medications. We hope to have an open dialogue about the importance of making wise and informed decisions when it comes to taking medications in recovery.
- The Agnostics Atheists and Freethinkers meeting was forced to move due to the space at Edward Mackay’s being used for expansion. New and hopefully permanent home will be in the education center at the Presbyterian Church of the Covenant on Walker and Mendenhall. East entrance on Walker side on 2nd floor, room 212. Follow the signs. This change needs to happen fast since our first meeting in the new place will be 5/26 @ 6 PM Friday.
- The Muirs Chapel Men’s group still meets at the same address, but has moved back to the room on the right side of the church.
- Intergroup hours are based on volunteer availability. Currently, their hours are:
- Mon: 1-5
- Tues: 9-11:45 and 1-5
- Wed: 9-5
- Thur: 1-5
- Fri: 12-5
You may want to call them at 336-854-4278 before going.
- The Magnolia Street group is moving to 6:00 pm starting Friday, May 5, 2017. The meeting has also moved to the (sunnier and more comfortable) second floor in the same building. Signs are posted leading to the new room.
Open District Service Positions:
- LCM (Local Committee Member)
- Grapevine Representative
To learn more about and/or stand for a position, please contact the DCM and attend the next District Committee Meeting (GSR Meeting).
Upcoming Events (See nc23.org/events for details):
- May 31 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm - District 23 Educational Series Planning Meeting (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for location)
- Jun 8 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm - District Committee Meeting (GSR Meeting) @ St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
- Jun 11 @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm - Founders’ Day Picnic @ Bur-Mil Park - Shelter #2
- Jul 13 @ 6:00 pm – Jul 16 @ 1:00 pm - 70th North Carolina State Convention @ Hilton North Raleigh
- Jul 13 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm - District Committee Meeting (GSR Meeting) @ St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
- Jul 19 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm - Greensboro Intergroup Council Meeting @ Greensboro Intergroup Office
This document is available at www.nc23.org.