WCUSC/EPL SPORTS U-08/09 Invitational Play Day 2017
1. PLAY DAY INFORMATION:
EPL Sports www.eplsports.org (Camps & Tours) is sponsoring this year’s U-08/09 Invitational Play Day, which is officially registered through US Youth Soccer.
2. DATE & TIMES:
Girls – March 25th 2017, 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Boys – March 25th 2017, 1:30 PM - 6:00 PM
WCUSC Turf Field, 601 Westtown Road, West Chester PA 19382
4. AGE GROUPS, ELIGIBILITY, AND GAME FORMAT:
Age Group - U08 & 09
Maximum Roster Size - 10 players per team
DOB Range - August 1, 2008 & Younger
Format - 5v5 (4v4 + GK)
Game Length - 3 games of 34 minutes (2 * 17 min)
Ball Size - 4
- There will be a maximum of 16 boys and 16 girls teams at this years event.
- Player eligibility is based on age, not school grade. Players may play-up one age group.
- It is responsibility of each registering team to make sure that the players are age appropriate.
- Players are only allowed to play with one team.
- Mail in Registration (WCUSC, U08/09 Play Day, P.O. Box 5, Westtown, PA 19395)
- Registration Deadline: February 23rd 2017
- Team Registration Fee of $225.00 should be included with registration
- Final payment deadline March 2nd, 2017
- Rosters: Teams must check in at venue tent and present a completed team roster, signed medical release form for each player, and proof of age for each player. Team check-in is at the day of event minimum of 45 min prior to first game.
Address: WCUSC U08/09 Play-Day, PO Box 5, Westtown, PA 19395
Office: 610-399-5277 ex. 5 Fax: 610-399-5260 Web Site: www.wcusc.org
6. INSURANCE REQUIREMENT:
To prove Insurance for each player is the obligation of the teams entered in the festival. Teams need to hand in a signed EPYSA Medical Release Form for each player participating during team check in.
7. PLAY DAY RULES:
- All soccer equipment must adhere to FIFA rules. A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewelry).
- Shin guards are mandatory.
- Knee braces and Cast, if worn, must be covered completely. Game referee has final authority regarding safety.
- In the case that team colors are similar, the home team will wear pinnies
- The home team is the team listed first on the schedule.
- Each team’s players and coaches shall take one side of the field, and all spectators shall take the opposite sideline or the bleachers.
- “No player may play on more than one team for the duration of the entire tournament”.
- Goal Kicks: Goal kicks can be taken from anywhere inside the penalty area.
Team not in possession of the ball - all players must retreat back to the halfway line, this encourages teams to play out of the back.
- Goalkeepers No Punting Rule: GK’s can not punt the ball past the halfway line. If a punt across the halfway line occurs, an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team at the halfway line.
- Substitutions: Substitutions are unlimited & on the fly. Players have to enter/leave the field on the team sideline.
- Game Duration: Each game consists of 34 minutes, 2 halves of 17 minutes with a 4 minute break in between.
- Each team will have 3 games.
- Game Balls will be provided by WCUSC, Size 4
- Coaches, players and spectators are required to conduct themselves within the Laws of the Game.
- All disciplinary measures imposed by the Play-Day Director shall be limited to participation in the festival.
- A coach accumulating 2 yellow cards (or 2 verbal warnings will be suspended immediately from the play day).
- It is the coach's responsibility to monitor his/her team parents & players, and keep them under control throughout the day. There is to be strictly no sideline coaching from parents, simply support and encouragement only.
9. INCLEMENT WEATHER AND REFUND POLICY:
- WCUSC will use all available means to post weather updates, including website updates, And emails to team contacts.
- If the festival is forced to be cancelled due to weather &/or non-playable fields prior to the first game of the festival, then teams will receive a full refund. If the play day is forced to be cancelled after it has begun , no refund will be issued.
10. SCORES & STANDINGS:
There will be no scores & standings during the play day.
All participating players will receive a “Play-Day Participation Medal” at the end of the event.
© 2012 West Chester United Soccer Club, no part of this manual may be reproduced or copied without the expressed, written, consent of West Chester United Soccer Club.