GWUUCM Annual Meeting 6/5/16
– Annual Report 2014-15 was moved, seconded, and approved
Ministers’ Annual Report
– Addition: Cheryl performed a wedding for a former Clark student! (put in GWUUCM Chaplain category)
– need additional members from WPI for board (need two total, Rachel may be staying on)
– WPI group needs attention —> Rachel as president for now, until new leader is recruited
– Clark group is going very well!
– Funding for GWUUCM (i.e. for Cheryl’s role) is a major issue
– Cheryl planning to set up a meeting with WPI admins to see if funding could come from there
– Collaborative events and WPI-Clark events increased
– Increased UUCW attendance from students
– Focus for next year: fundraising, better support system for chaplaincy (UUA?)
– Official address changed to Cheryl's
– Treasurer’s address changed to Joe’s Worcester Apt
– IRS forms all sorted out
– Joe should be able to get connected to DCU account ASAP
– Need to finish setting up PayPal on website
– Joe (along with Cheryl and Samantha) will be at GA (and Rose is making a GWUUCM banner) — will be able to network, etc.)
– Current budget is available as Google Doc [ $4,004 paid to Cheryl in the 15-16 fiscal year for the 14-15 fiscal year ]
** Cheryl motioned that we table the proposed budget until DCU account is completely set up (seconded by Lydia)
– Once DCU account is set up, Joe will purchase insurance for GWUUCM
– Joe will submit budget request to UUCW
** Lydia motioned to table By-Law changes until Rachel, Rose, and Cheryl and finalize them. Edits may be spread out over the course of the year. Rose seconded.
Election of New Officers / Steering Committee
– Vacancy of president role (Lydia has maxed out term limit)
– Cheryl nominated Rose as President, Rose accepted
– Lydia will work with Rose to transition
– Cheryl nominated Rachel as Clerk, Rachel accepted. This starts her two-year term as Clerk.
– Cheryl nominated Joe to re-affirm as Treasurer, Joe accepted. This is the second year of his two-year term as Treasurer.
– Jennifer is re-affirmed for a second year as Vice President for programs
– Future events: Apple-picking trip in the fall?
– UUCW Craft Fair — GWUUCM will get a booth to use for fundraising
– Making jam from Cheryl’s berries? (look into liabilities)
– Debbie Merrill (Clark faculty) will be connected as potential liaison between GWUUCM and UUCW
– Future minister/chaplain’s role:
Cheryl has possible connections to tap in circle of recent DRE/divinity school grads
Rev. M. Lara Hoke (?)
Erica Richman (founding CUUF member)
Erica Rose Long (recent Harvard Divinity grad — Lydia’s friend)
** thinking about who/what we need — an older/experienced presence, or younger connection?
CUUF survey?? Google Form to ask how people felt about the group, chaplain’s role (start to figure out what we’re really looking for in a future chaplain)
– Figure out celebrating for Lydia! Trip to Walden Pond??
– Events this fall: farming day in Grafton? Boston trip — Arlington St. Church? Transcendentalism tour (with WPI professor?)
** NEXT MEETING: July 2, 3, 10, 23, 24? Rose will send out Doodle. Summer gathering and event planning.
** Lydia needs dates for apple picking
– Rose will start uploading meeting minutes to new website